Almost 5weeks pregnant, hurts so much to bf 10m old!

readynwilling

Jadyn & Tyler's Mom
Reaction score
He's getting his top teeth, and he has a really bad top lip tie so the way he latches is "off". it's never caused problems until now when my boobs are sore and nipples are sensitive and these little teeth are rubbing against my nipples while he's nursing (which is like 100 times a day as my supply us already dropping and he's hungry).

Just venting... Thanks!

I breastfed through my second pregnancy, and it was definitely a challenge. I was so sore! I didn't have a teething issue, as my LO was a bit older than yours. What really helped me was to rotate nursing positions so that the LO isn't hurting the same spot over and over again. We did cross hold, football hold, side lying, etc. And I used cold packs sometimes. The soreness might be unavoidable, but the goal is to prevent damage. Good luck!

I used nipple cream like crazy. I was nursing a 15+ month old so we had a lot of teeth to deal with plus a bad upper lip tie. She was only nursing once a day which was probably a Godsend because I am so sensitive and sore it wasn't very pleasant all the time. I just wanted to let her self wean so I bit my lip and bore it.

It may get better it might not... I know not what you wanted to hear, when I was pregnant with my second it got better around 9 weeks (but we stopped soon after that). However, I know people who dealt with it throughout there whole pregnancy.

It seems to be so variable. For me it didn't start hurting until I hit 2nd Tri. It's really sore bow, but as DD is 3 I have no problem with limiting her feeds as much as possible. Her feeds are much shorter now.

I really hope the discomfort settles quickly for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->