almost 8.5 months but no babbling

Crosby

Reaction score
I am worried. A little.

She used to sing and screech a lot but in the last few weeks no sounds whatsoever. Just mmmmm with her lips sealed.

I sing and clap and dance around like a monkey but i cant get any sounds off her.

I read that by this age most babies babble a lot. And some already say their first words.

Is there a concern?

All my son did at that age was cry and whine.

He's 16 months now and babbles and chats non-stop. Until around 13 months he really didn't make many sounds at all

All my son did at that age was cry and whine.

He's 16 months now and babbles and chats non-stop. Until around 13 months he really didn't make many sounds at all

Thank you. Thats reassuring. As i have been reading all sorts of scary stuff (((

Has she ever babbled? What about as a little baby, did she coo? For example Emma says "whoo, whoo, whoo" and some other coo noises that sound like "hey" and "gggoooo" and "hagoo".

Has she ever babbled? What about as a little baby, did she coo? For example Emma says "whoo, whoo, whoo" and some other coo noises that sound like "hey" and "gggoooo" and "hagoo".

She would say something like "gahh" or "khh" maybe once a day, and occasionally cry out "aaa" mainly to shut me up 😅😅

But because of the rarity of these and the fact that she mainly would be mooing with her lips shut, I do worry

And as a baby she just sang, she would sing for hours, like a little chirping bird, she has now stop singing and I thought she was gearing up to something but it has been ages and nothing new has emerged

I'm sure it's fine, babies are all so different, aren't they!

But I know it's hard not to worry about stuff so could you give it a mention to your HV? Even if it's just to put your mind at ease?

She is just fine :) working on a different developmental leap I'd say . Maybe something physical !! Don't worry once that leap is over it will come back

I wouldn't worry yet my DS used to stop babbling for weeks, he would coo and shout as a smallish baby then stopped, started babbling properly at 7 months exactly for about a week then stopped till 9 months, nothing st all in between then almost straight away he started consistently using two words and babbling constantly, now at 16 months he has 10-15 words. The time when he stopped a bling he was just working on other things, for him it was crawling, standing and cruising. As soon as he could do those things he started again.

Thanks girls

She is trying to crawl (mastered backward crawling so far lol)

Im hoping babbling starts soon, mummy worries a lot 😂

Just to let you know, my 16 month old, who didn't really babble much at all until around 12 months and hasn't said a proper word up until now shocked us all a few days ago by attempting a full sentence! (Partner: Can you growl like a bear? Zach: Gruhluhbear') He's since attempted 'ready steady go' (rehstehguh) and 'bird there' (burdair)

So in summary, they all have their own weird and wonderful ways of acquiring language and at 8.5 months my now very vocal toddler just screamed and whined and belched :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->