(Almost) 8wk old slept for 7 hrs? Normal?

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I know at this age this is not a routine but most she's gone without a feed was 5 hrs at night. This is the first time she's gone 7. Her more usual thing is 3 hrs between feeds.

She has been cluster feeding during the day though (less than an hour between each feed from early afternoon till 10pm), so maybe that's why?

She was awake (not crying or upset) and fed from one breast for about 15 mins or so and fell asleep. I woke her up by giving her a change bc I realized her diaper had leaked a little (strange leak spot too) then lightly wrapped her and placed her in her cot (awake) so I could use the bathroom. Had already fallen asleep when I came out.

I am so worried that maybe she didn't feed enough? Maybe I'm just being a worried mommy? Should I just trust that she'll let me know when she's hungry?

Maybe I should add that I am a ftm...

Yep, it's normal. There's nothing to worry about unless she's having weight gain issues. Enjoy the sleep!

Thanks, makes me feel a lot better. Was going to offer her the other breast she surprised me by falling asleep all on her own!!

Btw I love your signature hehe

That first one is great isn't it? Mine gave us 8 hours at around your baby's age, but went back to 5 hours after a couple days (which I have to admit is better than every 2 hours :)). Hopefully yours continues with the nice trend though!

It is amazing! I don't expect it to last...but maybe, who knows!

Ds uses to sleep an hour for each week of his life from 5-12 weeks. Then it all went tits up. Lol.
Xx

My daughter clusterfed a lot during the afternoon/evening and would sleep most of the night starting at about 6 weeks. It was great :cloud9: My son had his days and nights mixed and loved to clusterfeed starting at about 2am until 6ish :wacko: :cry:

I've never woken my kids up to feed. I figured they'd let me know when they wanted milk and got my sleep when I could.

When my daughter hit 6 months, sleeping through the night went out the window and even now it's hit or miss :cry: Growth spurts, teething, etc. :cry: :cry:

Enjoy it!!

I enjoyed it quite a bit!

She did that for 2 nights and went back to waking up to feed every 3 or so hours last night. Not too bad. But yeah cluster feeding in the middle of the night is awful!!

Wow you are super lucky to have that kind of stretch at this age. My first time sleeping through the night was when my son was ten months old!! Before that i got up every two hours like clockwork and even now at 15 months he is unpredictable..sometimes he sleeps 11 hours straight and others he gets up a number of times..its crazy..i never realized how important sleep was and how well i could function without it until i had a child :) enjoy it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->