Am I feeding my baby too much???

porkypig

Reaction score
Ive started to give my lo 'proper' food now as advised by the HV and 3 meals a day, but in between i also give him milk; but it seems like im forever feeding him now. Am, i feeding him too much???
This is an example of a day's feed:

7:30-Milk ( 6 ozs)
10am-Weetabix (one with full fat milk)
1pm-Lunch (pasta 3/4 tablespoons mashed up) and a dessert ( e.g banana custard)
4pm-Milk ( 6 ozs)
6pm-Dinner (Mashed up potato and peas) *
8pm-Milk ( 6 ozs) with sometimes a mashed up rusk then bed

* I dont give him dinner every night as ive only just started giving him proper food and im worried its too much for his stomach

:shrug:

Thank you, i just werent sure, so 3 meals and 3 milks is fine? when do we start to cut down on the milk? xx

I wouldn't drop any milk until he's 12m - he's already on the minimum milk for a weaned baby under a year.

Yeah 3 meals is fine, I know some HVs say give snacks too but mine never has - plus we'd be at the table all day...

Keep up with the same amount of milk until he's around 12 months. Until that age their main source of nutrition should be milk.

Sounds fine to me :thumbup:

what is the reccommended amount of milk for a weaned baby? xx

That sounds balanced and healthy ..if he's okay as in not constipated or anything like that then guess his body can handle that.

He will vomit it back up if he is eating too much. Eating about the same amount as my boy who is same age x

he was a bit constipated but just been giving him water regularly xx

Only thing i'd suggest is giving the solids nearer to milk feed times so u not constantley feeding

Oliva (nearly 6 mth) has

8am 7oz, then 8:30am has porridge.
12 noon 7oz then 12:30pm has pureed veg
4pm 7oz then 4:30pm pureed fruit,
8pm 7oz then bed

So she having 28oz formula per day at mo, not sure when to lower that, play it by ear...x

but doesnt she get sick by mixing things like veg and milk????

No hun, not yet anyway!! leave it hour or so maybe after feed if ur LO being sick? x

I always thought babies shouldn't have milk under 12 months? (I assume you mean cow's milk when you say full fat?). Sounds like the right amount to me. Your baby will let you know when full! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->