Am I going to be homeless?

FirstBubba

Reaction score
I live with my fiance and our baby (she is 6 1/2 months old) we live in a privately rented two bedroom house.
Long story short - My OH and I had a one bed flat, found out I was pregnant so moved to our current 2 bed house. At the time i was working so we could afford the house no problem. Now im not planning to go back to work as we cant afford childcare i am no longer working and our income is £300 less than what our outgoings are. OH's mum has been supporting us but she is moving to another country next month and there's no one else who can help us out with money. Within a few months we will be evicted from our house... We cant even afford to move back into a one bed flat.
We have no where to go :cry: We're going to our local council tomorrow to see what they suggest but i'm terrified we're going to be living on the streets :cry:
I'm not looking for answers i just need some friendly words :hugs: xxx

There is no way you will end up on the streets hun. You will be put hopefully on the priority list with council as you have a baby. Not sure from there but you will 100% not be on the streets. :hugs:

i hope not, but, mine and my OH's luck is terrible :nope: As were not on our councils housing list yet im worried they wont help us...

The best thing to do is see someone and try not to worry too much. There will be something for you even if its a case of the council having to house you in a B&B until a place comes up.

Have you asked whether you are entitled to housing benefit, if you are on a low income then you are very likely to be.
Even in worse case scenario and you aren't entitled there is no way the council will see you on the streets, even if like RachA says, they house you temporarily in a B&B or hostel. It won't make a difference as to whether you are on the council list, it won't take you long to join and your landlord will have to give you some notice whether you are paying rent or not. :hugs:

we get £100 housing benefit but that's all we're entitled too. I feel a little better now after speaking to you ladies :) Will see what the c

I've just read this, I hope the council are able to help soon :hugs: like everyone else said I'm sure they won't put you out into the streets I'm sure they have some sort of system in place when something like this happens, have you got any family or friends you could stay with if you need somewhere to stay while things are sorted? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->