Am I just being a bitch?!

PumpkinPatchx

Proud Mummy. <3
Reaction score
I know those who are going to read are going to pass judgement but to be honest, I 've been through that much past year and half I'm not that bothered if you do. Basically, me and OH family do not get on at all. Long long history, sister (29) would make stuff up and mother is the one who would phone etc and kick off. Make up rumours such as I was going to swingers club when really, I was working in an old peoples home, I was "seen" going into cars and shouting his mothers name which wasn't true, abusive texts and phone calls during a high risk pregnancy from them both, theft by his sister on credit card - which we paid back, and intrest loads of things will be here all day if I say. but most importantly, they got bored of my little one after a MONTH ( I was adult enough to let them see her as she had a right to know who her "nan" was right?!) Dirty looks given to her in the street shes only a few months old too.. and when my OH bumped into his horrible mother most recently when our little one was v. poorly in hospital she wasnt bothered or interested. However, his sister (who also causes a lot of crap) has given birth in November and the baby was due in Feb. His mum keeps sending lots of letters to my OH. am I such a bitch to scream - not interested.. leave us alone.. you couldn't give a damn about our daughter why should I care? Stop contacting us? As Don't want all this stupid stuff around my daughter? - ** OH has also cut them off long time ago.

You're right. I could easily pass judgement reading that, but it isn't against you!! Blimey, what a family.

I think you are right to cut all ties and keep your distance. You don't need that and your little one certainly deserves better than them.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think you are a bitch! Far from it. :hugs:

TBH I'd be thinking the same as you! You don't know them, they're not interested in knowing you or your LO why should you be intereste din their problems?

You can't choose your family and if you don't get on or like each other then you should just leave each other alone!

If your OH still wants to see him family then let him, but I wouldn't bother getting youself or your LO involved though as they obviosly don't care less!

It's just the letters.. as he keeps changing his number, they will phone his work now.. and it's getting him into trouble for it.. his mum is an alcoholic so imagine her phoning whilst drunk! There all in cooko land.. I'm just at my wits end. Xx

tbh i think you have done more than i would in that situation, id have phoned the police if someone stole from me on a credit card, family or not. i think you have MORE than enough justification to cut them out, you've given them enough chances. if it were me, id chuck the letters out without opening them :hugs:

EDIT: and no, i dont think you're a bitch at all.

:hugs:

How horrible they are.

Hopefully with no sort of retaliation they'll get bored and move on.

What a set of tramps :hugs:

Hiya, I am going thru the same with my OH's family. My MIL just doesn't care at all and has tried to make it out that I am the one who's causing the problems. I've found its best to just disconnect your heart and brain from the situation. My problem is that my OH always 'falls' for his mum. She's a complete bitch to his LO but within a week he's forgotten about it all...me, I harbour it and let it fester until I erupt. Why does life have to be this hard? Why can't people just want to see our LO's? How can they allow our LO's to become worthless? x

I think the decision is out of your hands. Your OH has chosen to cut them off, it's his family and I think you have to stand by what he wants and don't let them make you feel like the breakdown in communications is your fault as it isn't.

The things they have done are wrong and I imagine your OH is very very hurt by his mums behaviour in particular. Getting him into trouble at work (although as an aside I think his workplace are unreasonable if they hold it against him - they shouldn't put the calls through) is appalling.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this.

I don't think your a bitch either.

I don't get on with OH family either. Hate my MIL. But if course when she does something wrong OH woild look over it. So your lucky your OH can notice their behaviour and say he doesnt want to deal with that.

Calling his work is unacceptable in my eyes. Unless its an emergency they have no need.

I would try and not think about them. The more reaction and emotion you give them the more they get what they want

You are not a bitch! Ugh if my OH's family pulled stuff like that on me I would cut them out of my life for good.

You're not being a bitch, I would've reacted the same way to them. You did the right thing.

I think the decision is out of your hands. Your OH has chosen to cut them off, it's his family and I think you have to stand by what he wants and don't let them make you feel like the breakdown in communications is your fault as it isn't.

The things they have done are wrong and I imagine your OH is very very hurt by his mums behaviour in particular. Getting him into trouble at work (although as an aside I think his workplace are unreasonable if they hold it against him - they shouldn't put the calls through) is appalling.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this.

I agree with all of this! Since your OH has cut them out then there is nothing wrong with you following suit. Also, since he has been getting in trouble for the phone calls from his mother while he is at work, suggest that he call the police and see if he can get a restraining order against her. Maybe even just the threat of it will stop the phone calls from her. Sorry to hear that you have the MIL from hell. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->