Am I making her sick?

skweek35

Reaction score
My 18 month old DD has recently started getting sick after waking up feed. She sometimes also gets sick at about 4am. She only sicks up breast milk.
Is it something I am eating that is making her sick?
Could it be my messed up hormones affecting her tummy? (I'm having the implant removed next week)
Could it be a silly stomach bug?

Has it happened before and is and teething by any chance?
Xx

It started last week Friday. Don't think she is teething at the mo.

Only because my ds goes through sicking up milk and it's usually a result of teething. It's only ever at night.
Is she just having too much? Like if she's sleeping through and you're engorged and and drinks it all?
Are you eating something different?
Xx

She usually wakes at least 2ce a night and feed back to sleep each time.
The last 3 days - yes only at night or wake up feed she is getting sick on. Having too much is something that crossed my mind.

Have also just stopped all dairy and dairy products - so I believe will be about 2 weeks before I start seeing results. Have also resorted to BRAT diet (bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast) for the next few days. Will slowing attempt to reintroduce foods till we find the culprit!!

Maybe she's got a little tummy bug and the milk is just not being digested properly but breast milk is usually the kindest thing on little bellys.
Xx

It could be your hormones. My DD started puking up my breast milk around 4 months old and I couldn't figure it out. That is until I did a pg test after two weeks of constant spit-ups and my DH & sis going 'You are pg, I just KNOW it.' Sure enough it came back positive and I found out via ultrasound that I was 7 weeks along a few days later. My DS used to get a little more spitty-uppy when I'd be heading into AF time too (I'm not one of the lucky ladies who doesn't cycle while bfing. She shows up 4 weeks after I stop bleeding post-partum and I'm back to my regular 4 week cycle. Boo.) so I know hormones can play a role.

Thanks for the support ladies! Really needed it. Glad to say DD is all better now and keeping all food down again!

Dairymomma - join the club! I also had AF back at 7 weeks pp!!
I also strongly suspect my mixed up hormones didn't help her tummy!! I have now for the first time in 2 years having a good old bleed (pp AF has always been bitty - bleed a bit today then nothing till tomorrow sometime, then nothing till 2 days later!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->