Am I obsessed with the doppler??

laura_2010

Reaction score
Well I have listened in since Wednesday and able to find Bubba after alot of searching and a pillow under me bum :haha: but Im finding my self doing it once I wake up and before I go to bed, It does make me feel so much better knowing I can go to sleep and il hear once I wake up too.. But on the other hand Im thinking is it really weird?
I do look forward to it as well :haha: anyone else?

Id be to scared to do it, incase I couldn't find it. Then I'd be sooooo worried, that's amazing though you can find heart beat so early bet it's lovely to hear. I can't wait for our first scan. 😊

Hehe yes it's lovely and relaxing but scary when I couldn't find the heart beat... but kept trying and then I end up finding it.... xxx

Not weird at all. If it's putting ur mind at ease then why not? I done it every single morning noon n night my last pregnancy with my daughter. I think they r great things. I lost my son in june 2014 at 38 and a half weeks and it was through listening in on my doppler and having reduced movement I knew something wasn't right, so it became a bit of an obsession my last pregnancy and will be this pregnancy too as soon as I can find it lol xxxx

You managed to find the HB form 8 weeks?? I want one but have been a little put off as have read it is difficult to find this early and its best to get one after 10 weeks. What make is it?

If you can find it easily and not get too stressed when you don't then why not I guess.

You probably wont use it much once you can feel movements anyway.

I've not used my doppler since 18 weeks.

Im Pleased im not the only one then :haha: Yes did with my last pregnancy from 8 weeks it takes lots of gel and hold it down facing your pubic bone and move around slowly.... and found it mine has a heart rate on it so will tell you how many beats ours is alot slower... I think once you get how t find it its pretty easy Id say sometimes upto 30 mins but I always have a full bladder and use a pillow under me bum xxx

I'm 7 +4 and thin and still can't find it. I thought I heard for a split second but it was gone. I'll try at 8 wks and see. I really want to hear it as I've a history of multiple losses and it would comfort me.

Hi Yeah its a Hi-Bebe BT-200 LCD Fetal Doppler - You can rent them from a place called Annawiz... I brought mine from them as Iv tryed a few but this one was the best!
Once you get a good place it will show you the heart rate too.. which is good.. and also gives you an idea which is you and baby.. They say 120-180 is a good range.. :hugs:

I have the sonoline b which is $50 or so on eBay.

I used mine a lot with my first child. It put my mind at ease. As soon as I started feeling him move around several times a day, I never used it again. I started searching for this one every few days starting at 8 weeks and found it at exactly11 weeks. So exciting!

Just found my little bit after about 15 minutes this morning at 7weeks5days. Took some work and pressing but used my c section scar as a guide. Angles towards pelvis and then I heard it! So exciting. I think I'll wait a few days I between to use it again. Such a beautiful sound of a galloping heartbeat.

If it makes you happy :) its a lovely sound. Just remember that you can pick up your own heart in certain places bit babies will be alot faster. Once they start kicking you will feel more at ease anyewsy and use it less xx

Awww how lovely mobaby lovely isn't it... I was onit again this morning hehe.... xx

It's so lovely! I'm glad I had it first pregnancy so I know exactly what to look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->