Am I producing enough?

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
I ask because Doug's popping habits are rather odd. in a 7 day week he normally dose not poo for 3-4 days in a row then suddenly he will have 2 days where he pooping every hr or so.....surly this not normal?

He has frequent wet nappies every day.

He still eating roughly every 3hrs day and night for about 5-15 min a time. I have been trying to pump once or twice day to build up a freezer stash but maybe manage 1-2oz in 10min.

Or could it be something im eating? ive noticed if i have to much caffine it makes him irritable so i try to stick to no more then 1 drink a day.

Any ideas?

Totally normal after about the 6th week! I know it sucks not knowing how much they are getting, but if they continue with at least 6 wet diapers per day and is generally happy and gaining weight, they are getting enough :)

My son is 8 weeks and seems to have gotten into a pattern of once or twice a week. Drives me crazy because I'm constantly worried about constipation (which is rare for babies who are ebf). Then he'll wiggle and whine for an hour and out comes a normal poo!

Sounds normal to me. It's quite common for them to skip a few days then to poo loads in a couple of days then go back to skipping days. My youngest was like that then when he got to about 4 months he started pooing up to 6 times a day again, it's only when we started solids that this settled down-a bit too well at first as he ended up constipated-but all is well now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->