Am I the only one...?

Kacie

I have a little girl! xx
Reaction score
I have spent 3 years WTT.. I am now spending at least another 6 months on top of that WTT.

I just fear that when we finally can begin TTC we wont be able to conceive.

I also don't think my OH would go in for fertility treatment.. (a) because of intense phobias of hospitals and needles and (b) because i think I want it more than he does.

Am I crazy or does anyone else think like this??:shrug::shrug:

xx

I know I'm not in the same situation as you are, but I completely understand how you are feeling. I'll hear these sad stories about the struggles that couples have to get pregnant, and it scares me. It's almost like you want to get pregnant now just to make sure you CAN. The long wait makes it seem less possible that you can have a baby, strangely enough.

It seems healthiest to try not to think about it and let what happens, happen. But that is WAY easier said than done.

:hugs:

I know what you mean, I've always been worried about waiting and whether it'll make it harder to conceive, especially after my m/c in July. Everyone said "well at least you know you can conceive now!", well, not really! Now I know the only time I have conceived it didn't work for some reason. So is it something to do with my body? Is it gonna happen again? GAAAAAH I'll go out of my head if I keep thinking like that! :p I've just got to be ignorant and assume it was a freak thing, and it simply wasn't meant to be. I'm actually finding it easier than I thought to be ignorant!
I've also been WTT for a while, and now have to wait around 2 years, give or take a few months. It'll be us soon enough :) xx

yes i often worry that i dont work properly. Nothing gives me that worry but i just always think what if i cant have the one thing i want in life, a baby. honestly it would devestate me :( and i wont know untill we ttc xx

Thank you for your replies, I'm so sorry to hear of you m/c fuffy.

I'm sure all these fears are irrational and it must be best to put them to the back of my mind.

I know my mum has a tilted uterus and was told that should make it harder to conceive but she had three children and none of them were planned. I guess you just have to relax and put faith in all things happening for the right reason if you can.

much love xx

hm I never tried before and so I think it is quite understanable to not know whether it works right.

I completely understand your worries. We conceived DD back in May 2007, she was unplanned. We were completely surprised, as we weren't trying. Well, we decided to try this summer and we didn't get pregnant. We used a fertility monitor, OPKs, BD'd at the exact right times, and-- nothing. It started making me think that maybe something was wrong. We have to put off trying until February (DH's work reasons), but I am now worrying that something is now wrong since DD was conceived so easily and when we actually tried we couldn't.

A friend of mine (who has had many fertility issues and has been through it all), told me that given 2 totally normal, healthy people who time it exactly right- the chances of conception are only 20% each month. I'm hoping that's all it was for us.

I think in order to keep sane, we just have to remember that there is a plan for everything, and we have to trust that there is a reason for it all and it will happen when it is just right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->