Amaris Kenzie Hanna

tiggerlix

proud single mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies
Well after a week of giving birth i finaly feel up to writing my birth story.
It all started friday eve in sainsburys on the 30th july 2010.i had this almighty tightening,not painful just a weird feeling of immense pressure around the tummy area.i thought nothing of it and went about my business doing the rest of my shopping.anyway eventualy pull up outside my house in mums car after shopping and notice im drenched thru wet and so is mums seat of the car:blush:.due to this i get on and phone the out of hrs midwife as there was just to much leakage for it to be just urine..it also did not smell of urine.they told me to go in asap as was baby number 6 and my hospital was nearly an hr away:wacko:.
gets there at about 11pm that eve,to be put on a monitor and baby was traced for heartbeat.Baby's position was checked after about 20 mins only to be told i was possibly breech:cry:.the scanner was bought in and to my relief my baby was head down and very low.contractions were showing up irregular.I had a speculum done to be told they didnt think my waters had gone but i could stay in just incase as i was being induced sunday anyway.By this point it was 4am and i decided not to stay in as i wasnt happy for my mother to drive home on her own at that time with lack of sleep.
sunday finaly arrives and of we go for the induction at 7am.I get there to be told i will not need a pessery as i was dialated anyway and they wanted me on delivery sweet for my waters to be broken and the drip to be used.
anyway i gets to delivery only to be told they couldnt break my waters as i had none to break cus they had gone and my baby was going to probs end up with a scratch on her head from the midwife trying:dohh:
i ended up bleeding heavy from this procedure and i told them i needed 30mins out b4 the drip was used.
i attempted a cigarette to no avail(was just so angry).
gets back in there after a walk around and the drip was used..i went up to 18ml an hour:cry: was sooo painful,but 2hrs and 20mins later my baby girl finaly escaped my body..lol!
she is soooo beautiful and i am soo inlove.
i am now in argument with the hospital for not noticing my full waters had gone almost 24hrs b4 birth.
DSCF4804 (1074x1180).jpg

DSCF4805 (1180x1068).jpg

DSCF4812 (1180x969).jpg

Well done hun, she is a beautiful little thing. Wow I can't believe they didn't realise your water had gone, that's not good. At least it all turned out well in the end.
Sound like you did a fab job *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*S*

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

congratulations! And what a mistake for them to make!! Good luck in your argument with the hospital! Xxx

Congrats! I'd been looking out for your story as I too am currently a week overdue with my sixth. Hope my birth is that quick!

She's a little stunner - as beautiful as her lovely name! Well done.x

Congratulations!!!:flower:
Thats crazy they didn't notice your water had gone!!

congrats hun :flower:

thats terrible how could they miss something like that! good luck with the argument :)

Congrats hun she's gorgeous :)
Where abouts you from in Cornwall btw?
xx

she's just beautiful! Congrats and hope you can get an apology out of the hospital for the mistake they made. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->