Amazon Fire Tablet for the kids

AP

Reaction score
I can't seem to decide which one is best. I'm not afraid of them breaking them either but I get that the 7 inch Kids edition has a 2 year warranty.

Is it worth the extra price? Should I hold out for Black Friday? Is there any better Fires?

I honestly don't think it's worth the extra price. You can get the regular Fire for like $30 on black Friday, get a kids shockproof case for less than $20, and that's still less than what the kids edition typically costs. Once you set the parental controls to what you want, and download what you want, it's basically the same thing. My sister in law bought 2 regular fires last year and 2 kids cases for less than $100. I think 1 kids edition is currently $100. Crazy how much more they charge just to have it already set up, when you can do that fairly easily yourself.

Nope. I bought dd the regular kindle 2 years ago and got it on a deal and it was super cheap. I also bought her the kid proof case (same one on the kids edition). I'd probably wait until black friday or cyber monday and look for deals.

I disagree, I think if you get it on offer the kids Version is worth the money. It's not just the case you are paying extra for, it's the warranty and a 12 month subscription to all the amazon kids content as well which is what makes it such a good tablet imo.

And yes do hold out for black friday as there were deals on it last year.

If you do get one... don't put it in the bath for a swim. My 2yr old decided that it was a brilliant idea last night. Bye bye kindle!

I'm getting the kids version for the subscription and warranty, holding out for Black Friday though, it went down to £75 recently, hoping it'll be lower than that.

Just as an fyi, you can buy the warranty separate too. I did that with my regular kindle and it was still less expensive. But, yes, if you will use the Free Time, then the kids version would be worth it. I did the free trial and didn't think it was worth the subscription price when I was able to get all the apps I wanted free from the app store. But if I had bought the kids version and it was included, I'd probably have used it. Either way, I think they both go on sale for Black Friday so you should get a good deal which ever you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->