Amelie Barr 04/01/09

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Went into labour very unexpectantly on Sunday morning at 00.30 with my waters breaking after having had a bath of neroli, jasmine and clary sage and rubbng some cclary sage mixed with oil onto my bump! Had to call OH back from Tesco and then phoned triage at the hosp who said I should come in, get checked over and then will probably be sent home since I wasn't contracting.

Made our way to the hosp (with no bags LOL) and sat in triage until I was seen at 3am and by which time I was having definate contractions. Got hooked up to the CTG but it wasn't registering my contractions which peed me off a little. My blood pressure went sky high so I was given a drug to attempt to bring it down and bloods taken to check for preeclampsia.
Next the doc came in to do an internal to check my waters were defo gone and they could see lots of dark hair when they inserted the speculum.. I was 2-3cm dilated!

They said I was staying in and moved me to a room in triage to get some sleep. I called my mum at this point (5am) and told her not to go to work as baby is coming and to bring my bags. At about 6.30am I was sick everywhere cos of the pain and got started on the gas n air. Mum arrived at 8am and I had another internal. I was 5cm dilated so they called labour suite to get me a bed asap. At 10am my OH went home to get a couple hours sleep as he was exhausted having been up 27hours.

About 11am I was taken up and by then I was weepy and very tired and needed more pain relief. Took them 40mins to get me a diamorphine injection :hissy: but I was then able to snooze during contractions.

At 2.30pm I made my mum call OH back ASAP as I felt like I needed to push. Called the MW in and she told me to listen to my body and if I needed to push I could do as I was fully dilated. Stefan got there just in time as I only pushed for 27mins and little Amelie popped into the world at 15.17 weighing a teeny 6lb4oz.

She's beautful and I'm still in awe that I created something so perfect.

https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/DSC00061.jpghttps://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/fctyvu.jpghttps://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/DSC00060.jpg

awwwww,congratulations. great birth story too.

shes so gorgeous!! love the name x

She's gorgeous congratulations x

congratulations hun :hugs:

Look at all of that hair, so cute :cloud9:

Awww what a little cutie, and all that hair........gz

:hug:

Congratulations! She's gorgeous!

well done sweetie - she is beautiful! xx

Congratulations on your Beautiful Baby Girl!! :pink: She's Gorgeous!!

congrats shes just gorgeous and i lovee her hair, theres so much of it!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->