Amh 1.76 depressed

yorkshire

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
A week ago I found out that my amh is at 1.76. I am 30 years and I had two mcs. I am very confused about amh. I am on menopur right now and I am waiting for my pregnyl trigger shot.
Does anyone know, how long this will take to go down to 0 that will mean that the dream is over? I mean I have the chance only for the next 2-3 years perhaps to have a child and then its all over???
Should I think for an ivf with donor eggs?
I am sorry but I ve gone crazy since I ve learnt it..

I'm really sorry I have no info, just wanted to say I'm sorry. This stuff sucks, especially when you're not really sure what your prognosis is(my husb. Has a great SA so I know it will be a problem with me). I know other ladies have talked about amh on the boards before, maybe searching for the threads will give you some more info. Do you have an appointment coming up that might give you answers? I hope you will be pleasantly surprised:hugs:

Big hugs!

I found out I had high FSH (13) and low AMH levels (less than 4 I dunno what it was tho) in May of this year. We had been unsuccessfully ttc our rainbow baby after our son was stillborn the year earlier...

I was devestated and literally thought it was the end of the world.. Our fertility specialst was optimistic that we "may" get pg again considering I had fallen twice naturally. She thought it would just take longer this time and basically told us not to waste any time and get back on the band waggon! We were dtd every single flipping moment! And to be told this it knocked us seriously....

I mentioned IVF and she said it wouldn't be appropriate for us as if your body is producing less eggs it wouldn't be worthwhile... I mentioned donor eggs and again she wasn't very positive for the proceedure... Which I was very upset about.. I just wanted to know if it was a viable option not for her to shoot us down when we asked.

Anywho we dtd once in the following cycle and got a bfp.. god knows how but my little lady is sitting tight in my tummy atm!

Please don't give up low amh levels don't mean your in the menopause it just means it maybe sooner rather than later. For me I was confused as they said I would be likely to have earlier menopause BUT said it could still be anywhere between 5-10 years. They can't predict how quickly your fertility declines they can just monitor it.

I would keep up with the dtd, try not to stress too much and if you are worried could you suggest a amh test every 6 months? This was what I was going to do... it would be better testing the amh as the fsh does fluctuate...

Gosh I have rambled here!!! xxxxx

ooh I am 28..

I was 21 when I first fell pg and 26 when I was with my second sooo to me it seemed really bizarre that my fertility had taken such a sharp decline in a year!!

Big hugs!

I found out I had high FSH (13) and low AMH levels (less than 4 I dunno what it was tho) in May of this year. We had been unsuccessfully ttc our rainbow baby after our son was stillborn the year earlier...

I was devestated and literally thought it was the end of the world.. Our fertility specialst was optimistic that we "may" get pg again considering I had fallen twice naturally. She thought it would just take longer this time and basically told us not to waste any time and get back on the band waggon! We were dtd every single flipping moment! And to be told this it knocked us seriously....

I mentioned IVF and she said it wouldn't be appropriate for us as if your body is producing less eggs it wouldn't be worthwhile... I mentioned donor eggs and again she wasn't very positive for the proceedure... Which I was very upset about.. I just wanted to know if it was a viable option not for her to shoot us down when we asked.

Anywho we dtd once in the following cycle and got a bfp.. god knows how but my little lady is sitting tight in my tummy atm!

Please don't give up low amh levels don't mean your in the menopause it just means it maybe sooner rather than later. For me I was confused as they said I would be likely to have earlier menopause BUT said it could still be anywhere between 5-10 years. They can't predict how quickly your fertility declines they can just monitor it.

I would keep up with the dtd, try not to stress too much and if you are worried could you suggest a amh test every 6 months? This was what I was going to do... it would be better testing the amh as the fsh does fluctuate...

Gosh I have rambled here!!! xxxxx

SARAH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Your message is so hopefull!!!
Your doc is correct about ivf i m on menopur but not on an ivf and I only produced 2 eggs (I did the same with clomid)..
you give me so much strenght!!
A question only because my english are not the best, when you say dtd you mean ""hugs"" with your husband every day???
I am sorry but I dont understand that........
Thank you again!

I'm 34 with AMH of 0.7. My doctor isn't really concerned at all.

I've heard that there is better success with a low AMH when you are younger. At 30, you'd have a much better chance than someone that is over 35.

I am 29 with an AMH of 1.6
My RE said this is ok for my age and she does not believe the AMH explains why I haven't gotten pregnant. She was saying, AMH less than 1 is more problematic.

Hello Girls I am so relieved from your answers!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought that this was the end of the world and that all of my mummy hopes were gone...
So I am not alone and its not a problem? Thank you all so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->