AMH level of .26...impossible to conceive????

Hopeful4preg.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well! My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a very long time. :-( He's fine and everything is okay. I just found out my AMH level is 0.26. Impossible to conceive?!?! Can you increase AMH? Did anyone have such low levels and were able to conceive anyway? If so, how did you conceive (i.e. IVF, IUI, etc.) Please share your stories and advice. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! So very sad (crying) but trying to remain optimistic.

Thank you in advance!

My AMH a year ago was 0.46 and recently tested at 0.26. I've never had a BFP but I've read of many women with lower AMH 0.16 and conceived naturally. How old are you? Do you know your FSH?

Hi, my AMH is similar to yours (it's 1.9 on the UK scale, which I think converts to 0.26). My Dr was keen to go straight to IVF but i wanted to try a couple of rounds of clomid first, as that was how i conceived DS1 2 years ago. Anyway, in the first month on 100 mg of clomid i produced four 20mm follicles and the Dr wouldn't let me go near my husband, due to the high risk of multiples! We were both very surprised! Anyway, he's now said that he thinks we should stick with the Clomid for a few months and not rush into IVF. His view was that AMH is 'just a number' and the whole system isn't very predictable... Women can and do get pregnant with very low levels. So, I think what I'm saying is, try not to panic just yet! Find a good doctor that you trust and take it from there. Lots of luck x

Hi, my AMH is similar to yours (it's 1.9 on the UK scale, which I think converts to 0.26). My Dr was keen to go straight to IVF but i wanted to try a couple of rounds of clomid first, as that was how i conceived DS1 2 years ago. Anyway, in the first month on 100 mg of clomid i produced four 20mm follicles and the Dr wouldn't let me go near my husband, due to the high risk of multiples! We were both very surprised! Anyway, he's now said that he thinks we should stick with the Clomid for a few months and not rush into IVF. His view was that AMH is 'just a number' and the whole system isn't very predictable... Women can and do get pregnant with very low levels. So, I think what I'm saying is, try not to panic just yet! Find a good doctor that you trust and take it from there. Lots of luck x

Just wanted to chime in to say thanks for sharing these details. Very helpful to me! First appt w/fertility doctor coming up on Thursday. Will have amh test. Just starting to learn about the numbers and what it all means. I know I can get pregnant...it's the sticking that's been a problem for me. But of course as each month goes by, we lose a chance. Am curious to see what I learn Thursday and what protocol will be suggested...

Thanks for your encouraging and informative post. You give me hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->