Amniotic band...anyone else?

JessdueJan

Reaction score
So had a scan today at 13+3 and midwife told me I have an amniotic band visible...she said it was only quite small and they are thinking it may disappear by 20 week scan, but she also told me not to google as lots of serious scary stuff will come up :shrug: anybody else got one or had one? xx

No experince of it personally, bit I found this thread from a few weeks back about amniotic band:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/gestational-complications/2100039-amniotic-band.html

Perhaps you could pm one of these ladies for more advice/info? :flower:

Hey, I know what youre going through. The doctor told me she may have seen one on my 7 wk 6 scan. Told me the exact same thing, don't google it. Baby had a good strong heartbeat.
I have a follow up scan 11 wk 6 to see if they can better see whats going on. It isnt till March 20th.
My gut is telling me not to worry, so Im just going with that for now.

From what Ive read...statistics are 70% of bands 'disappear' on a follow up scan. Ive also read many positive outcomes. It seems the bamds are really really rare and typically what it is , is a harmless amniotic sheet.

Sorry I couldnt help you more, just wanted you to know youre not alone.

Thanks ladies! Nice to know I'm not the only one :)
I don't have a follow up scan about it, just my 20 weeks scan which isn't until mid April :shrug:
Think I'm going to book in and see my midwife to talk it over in the next week or so as I just saw a random midwife after scan and she didn't really put my mind at ease xx

How about booking a private scan if your worried?

The lady who did mine was a proper sonographer, and went through everything in detail.

It might help you understand it more.:flower:

On a positive note, I guess they aren't too concerned if they are willing to wait until the 20 week scan, but it should have been better communicated to you the reasons why.

I was just thinking that but didn't know if they would be allowed to tell me anything more or if it has to be left to the medical professionals. I think I might book one in for 3 weeks so it's nearly halfway between now and my 20 week one xx

Hi there, my radiologist found an amniotic band at my 22 weeks scan too .. I have been googling and am scared out of my mind right now .. What happened to u ladies at the follow up scans? I have one booked for 26 weeks

Hiya Hun, I had my 20 week scan and the amniotic band was no longer visible :)
I know how worrying the waiting game is so sending :hugs: and positive thoughts your way, hope yours goes away too xx

Hiya Hun, I had my 20 week scan and the amniotic band was no longer visible :)
I know how worrying the waiting game is so sending :hugs: and positive thoughts your way, hope yours goes away too xx

Awww .. That must have been so relieving .. I so hope the amniotic band I am having disappears too .. Xx

I had that scare last pregnancy. After several level 2 ultrasounds At the high risk doc, they determined that it was a harmless fold on the amniotic sac.
I hope that's what yours is too.
And, your doc is right DONT Google it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"