Amniotic band

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Did a quick google, of course all terrifying.

What do I need to know and to ask?

I go back for re scan best week, she said it's only one band she can see, so very mild.

Do you mean amniotic band syndrome? Does she think the bands have cut off blood supply to the babys limbs? X

Do you mean amniotic band syndrome? Does she think the bands have cut off blood supply to the babys limbs? X

Yes, no I don't think it's showing any issues either than the fact there is a band.

If there is one then it means it could wrap around the baby and cause amputations or deformities of fingers, toes and sometimes even arms and legs. It's a good thing that they don't think it's done that yet and will probably just give you more regular scans to check and make sure it doesn't become attached. If it does then I think there is an operation that can be done to remove it and untangle baby but most people don't find out it's happened until after their baby is born so you're lucky it's been picked up now and can be monitored.

I know all of this because my son was born with the fingers on his right hand not fully developed and they first diagnosed it as ABS. Turns out his wasn't and is actually a sporadic congenital abnormality called Symbrachydactyly.

Good luck with the re scan.. let me know if you want any more info :)

If there is one then it means it could wrap around the baby and cause amputations or deformities of fingers, toes and sometimes even arms and legs. It's a good thing that they don't think it's done that yet and will probably just give you more regular scans to check and make sure it doesn't become attached. If it does then I think there is an operation that can be done to remove it and untangle baby but most people don't find out it's happened until after their baby is born so you're lucky it's been picked up now and can be monitored.

I know all of this because my son was born with the fingers on his right hand not fully developed and they first diagnosed it as ABS. Turns out his wasn't and is actually a sporadic congenital abnormality called Symbrachydactyly.

Good luck with the re scan.. let me know if you want any more info :)

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear about your son, hope he is doing well?

Hopefully find out more next week, baby wasn't in good position and wouldn't move so not able to see everything.

Yeh he's doing brilliantly thank you. We call his hand his lucky fin and it's not holding him back at all :) It was hard to come to terms with when we first found out but he's still perfect to me! I hope your baby is unaffected but you'll both be just fine if they are xxx

Yeh he's doing brilliantly thank you. We call his hand his lucky fin and it's not holding him back at all :) It was hard to come to terms with when we first found out but he's still perfect to me! I hope your baby is unaffected but you'll both be just fine if they are xxx

Glad he is doing great. Yes, whatever happens he or she will be perfect. We already have a son with autism and ADHD, and he is still just as perfect as our "normal" kids, but he just had extra challenges.

My main concern is what should I ask? What issues could I cause for the placenta, as it's over that? Can anything be done? Will I get extra monitoring? Don't see my consultant for another two weeks and she is going to hate me, before this I already had a list lol:haha:

Ahh you're bound to have lots of questions though! I can't really help with what to ask because of finding out after. I'd definitely say you'll get extra monitoring though, always nice to see baby more often :) xx

Ahh you're bound to have lots of questions though! I can't really help with what to ask because of finding out after. I'd definitely say you'll get extra monitoring though, always nice to see baby more often :) xx

All my pregnancies have been complicated and required extra monitoring. Was looking forward to this being simple :haha: it's all fine though. Looking forward to Wednesday, hopefully get some answers.

Really hope it means we get the sex confirmed too. :haha:

I hope everything turns out all right for you :flower:

I was born without my left forearm due to Amniotic Band Syndrome, but had none of the other potential complications like clubfoot or cleft lip/palate. I had a perfectly normal childhood. I hated my prosthesis though, and just naturally adapted to doing things one-handed. Kids are resilient!

During my 22 week scan the radiologist found an amniotic band near the end of the placenta .. I am so worried :(

I wish I was already in the 30th weeks so that I can ask for an early section :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->