• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Amniotic fluid, discharge or urine???

skittlewatson

Reaction score
Tmi time but for weeks now whatever os dried on to my pantyliner has a slight dark yellow/browny tinge to it (not an old blood colour so i feel confident it isnt blood) i feel wet down there and if i dont wear a liner my knickers are wet, not to the point i can ring them out (sorry!) But just damp. I never feel anything leaking out so i am wondering if I am just leaking urine unknowingly. But at the back of my mind the last two days i was wonsering if it could be amnio fluid?? Ive also had some stringy discharge like phlegm the last few days when i wipe. I cant really discribe the smell either
Anyone else had this?

It's most likely discharge. I've had it since I got pregnant and have to wear a liner everyday. It could be a little bit of leakage too but most likely not amniotic fluid. It looks pretty dark by the end of the day and a smell you can't really describe, not nice I'll say that much. Didn't have it with my last pregnancy so it was new to me this time around.

I've had a bit of the same and everything I'm being told is that it's just odd discharge. Definitely see if your OB/MW wants to test for BV or check to see if you're leaking fluid, but everything I've been taught is that amniotic fluid smells like bleach or semen.

It sounds like discharge. Mine is like that sometimes. Amniotic fluid is the strangest thing I've ever smelled. You won't forget it.

I've had the same kinds of discharge, have to wear liners or else my underwear ends up pretty wet..I've even had discharge that did smell like semen which I thought was reaalllly weird..mine ends up a dark yellowish on the liner and the smell is strange and changes over time... Sometimes it's suddenly super wet, even above the liner, and especially uncomfortable!

but definitely if you're worried you should contact your midwife or OB

Thank you ladies, its not something i experienced with my other 2 so all new to me,very strange! Will mention it to midwife when i ssee her

I didn't have it with my last either, it took me by big surprise!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->