amy tuteur

Cjackord

Reaction score
anyone heard of her?

i'm planning a home birth this september (i'm about 13 weeks along) and she and her herd of followers really freak me out. i keep coming across her blog and she always has the nastiest things to say about natural birth and home birth. natural birth is a no-duh to me, but i'm getting more and more freaked out by the stuff she writes about home birth. is it really that different between the us and the uk?

i think i just need to chill... i have a great midwife and birth is just a part of life, right?!?!

She's evil personified. The worst type of OB. Don't read her stuff or mention her. The less traffic goes her way the better.

Don't bother reading her blog at all. She's very misleading and most of her claims are completely false, she uses scare tactics. For some reason she is very anti-Midwife, anti-homebirth and anti-women in general. She does not believe gays and lesbians should adopt children, and she has also said that if a woman wants to divorce she shouldn't because it's better for her kids to stay in an abusive, cheating, and/or unhappy marriage.

She is NOT a Doctor. She was one in the late 80s and early 90s for 6 years only. Since then she had retired to be a SAHM and no longer has a medical license. She is extremely out of touch with today's maternity care system, and she has no experience in homebirth or midwifery and hasn't a clue of what she talks about. It is believed by many that she is paid by ACOG or some other institution to run her misleading blog. It is most likely an anti-Midwifery campain in the US.

You said it, NaturalMomma. Yikes that lady is scary. And very anti-women, true. I wonder what benefit a child would have from parents that remain married that would outweigh seeing Mommy being abused or worse.

Don't bother reading her blog at all. She's very misleading and most of her claims are completely false, she uses scare tactics. For some reason she is very anti-Midwife, anti-homebirth and anti-women in general. She does not believe gays and lesbians should adopt children, and she has also said that if a woman wants to divorce she shouldn't because it's better for her kids to stay in an abusive, cheating, and/or unhappy marriage.

She is NOT a Doctor. She was one in the late 80s and early 90s for 6 years only. Since then she had retired to be a SAHM and no longer has a medical license. She is extremely out of touch with today's maternity care system, and she has no experience in homebirth or midwifery and hasn't a clue of what she talks about. It is believed by many that she is paid by ACOG or some other institution to run her misleading blog. It is most likely an anti-Midwifery campain in the US.

untill i read this i thought, she obviously hasnt got children! :haha: stop reading it now, ive never seen it but it definatly sound like she talks crap. xx

Never heard of her but from this thread she sounds mentally unbalanced. :wacko:

There is definitely an anti MW movement in the US. Then again though, with privatised medical care why not shove the most expensive options down people's throats.

Thanks ladies :) I had no idea about her "other" views... Just that natural birth is contra-feminism and evil. So her stats are bologna? I did research in college and grad school and know you can manipulate numbers to say practically whatever you'd like. It's just very disturbing that she has so many followers touting the same ideas.

I suppose I should have run away as soon as she posted that birth plans should be outlawed. One size fits all birth? Oh my.

Yeah she has 4 children, and I believe 2 were unmedicated and 2 were with an epidural.

She has been called out on being wrong about some of her stats or interpertations, but she'll never answer to them. She ignores or deletes the comments that challenge hers.

Just because someone has an MD does not mean they can't have a screw loose either. You get one of "those" in every profession. A zealot is a zealot.

Never read any of her blogs and wont but my goodness she sounds insane.

In the UK almost all our births are supported by MW's instead of Doctors, whether we are in hospital or at home - maybe thats why I have not heard of her as her theoretical position of birth would pretty much fall on death ears in the UK.

I would be interested to see if most of her followers are OB's who are scared of loosing their income?

Wow, I just read a couple entries of her blog and it is CRAZY!! Thank you for bringing this to my attention - I work in OB and always intersted in what my patients are reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->