Anal fissures

blondebabe

Reaction score
Who else has them? They are ruining my life! I am frightned to go to the toilet all the time...I hate it :( I feel so alone sob sob
Every time I poo I have to 'breathe though it ' like I'm having a baby :( x

Me :( never plucked up the courage to go to the doctors about it

Ya know, ive never ever had them in my life until after giving birth to DS2. Since giving birth ive had fissures and piles ongoingly :blush: (never had hemmroids before this either). Ive read that it can be due to the prolapse (i have severe rectal, bladder, and uterine prolapse). Ive been dealing with these uncomfortable things for the last 14 months...ugh.

big :hugs: hope they heal soon.
They say tucks pads can help. I dont really think it helped mine heal but it did make the pain go away after doing a #2.

Me :( never plucked up the courage to go to the doctors about it

Do it! Say 'I saw that episode of embarrassing bodies and the guy had an anal tear' that's what I did!! We don't eat massively healthily so if I don't eat prunes 3 times Dailey I am sorry for it in the days to follow :( it's ruining my life I'm getting married in 3.5 months xxxx

Have you been to the Dr's? I had one after DD1, it took about a year to clear up, I was on different medications to sort it out. Seriously if what your on isn't working go back again and again! Drink pleanty of water to keep soft and try eat fibre and things and as much as it hurts try not to hold it in - I totally know how easier it is to say then do though!

The best stuff I got from the Dr's was movicol, made a world of difference. I was on lactulose at first and it just did nothing for me. Plus I had suppositories to help with the swelling after you have passed a movement.

If you haven't - please get checked out and if you have and it still hurts - go back! :flower:

Yep please go to the docs, they gave me anusol cream which helped a little. I also bought the suppostries and ate loads of fibre to make it easier to go to the loo.
The pain was worse than labour and I'd dread going to the loo. It took a few weeks to heal but even after it heals, still keep up with the high fibre diet to prevent it happening again.
Good luck. X

Me hun. I had an emcs but the iron tablets after made it really hard to go and now i feel like i am passing glass. Do the docs examine?x

Me hun. I had an emcs but the iron tablets after made it really hard to go and now i feel like i am passing glass. Do the docs examine?x

Mine did at my first appointment, it was very quick and was just to confirm there was a small tear - no prodding or poking or anything.

It was worth it though, it took 12 months for mine to fully heal with medication so I really recommend getting it checked, even if your worried it will be embarresing. Plus you get all the meds free with your maternity exception card :flower:

There's no finger up the bum don't worry :)
Just having a look really :) xxx

I suffered with Anal Fissures for a long time after my first bubs and finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctors.. they prescribed me fibregel and GTN ointment.. I was happy with the fibregel for a little while but it made me bloated and the GTN made me feel awful! Headaches and flushed all the time.. the only thing that got rid of them was a colonic and eating all bran everyday and the occasional senokot to help.. Def get it seen to as they may suggest something better for you. . It's so painful and you need it sorting before it goes on too long xxx

I never had one after having a baby however about 18 months ago I developed one, complete with nasty ulceration (sorry if TMI) ironically after having a nasty food poisoning bug which gave me nasty diarrhoea for about six days. It just didnt seem to be getting better but then we went on holiday abroad where they have the high pressure hand held bidets, which I have heard are recommended for those with ahem 'bum problems' including fissures and piles. It was a bit stingy using it after going to the toilet but after about five days things were completely better. Never recurred since. Not sure how it works but I think just by keeping the area super clean without rubbing with toilet paper etc helps and maybe the higher pressure water helps to kind of 'tone' the area which helps with healing? Obviously in the UK these high pressure bidets are hard to come by and there are various laws about plumbing them in, but if you have your toilet next to your shower and its a fairly powerful shower then you can use it in a similar way, you can get cheap shower heads from eBay and the pound shop that don't have the Eco stuff going on like most shower heads so they don't limit the water pressure and they tend to have a smaller spray head as well, so are ideal. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->