Anatomy scan today, nervous

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
20 week scan today! Really worried as having twins there is so many things that could be an issue. Fingers crossed I get a good outcome for these babies!! Will update with a photo later on xx

Good luck! Don't worry if they cannot get all the measurements today. It can be tricky to get one baby to play ball and get into the right positions for checks never mind 2 so it is very common to need to go back for a second scan.

It is very natural to worry but it can be exciting too. :) Are yours separate or sharing a placenta?

Lots of luck! Looking forward to seeing pics! X

Hi everyone. Well it isn't the best of news. Twin 1 is doing great. Twin 2 is measuring small, slightly under percentage in comparison to twin 1. Have to see a consultant next week for more scans and measurements. Anyone else had experience with this? All limbs, torso and head are all proportionate tho so that is good news xx

Pics xx

Attachments

• IMG_20150812_140835.jpg
    IMG_20150812_140835.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20150812_140749.jpg
    IMG_20150812_140749.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20150812_140633.jpg
    IMG_20150812_140633.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20150812_140610.jpg
    IMG_20150812_140610.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20150812_140404.jpg
    IMG_20150812_140404.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 16
Hi everyone. Well it isn't the best of news. Twin 1 is doing great. Twin 2 is measuring small, slightly under percentage in comparison to twin 1. Have to see a consultant next week for more scans and measurements. Anyone else had experience with this? All limbs, torso and head are all proportionate tho so that is good news xx

Did they say just on a lower line than twin 1 or is it below 10th percentile? I cannot remember what all the measurements were from mine but they never measured on the same percentile, but mine were di/di, not sure what type yours are. They always told me all along my twin 2 was fine and twin 1 had dangerously low liquor levels and slowed abdomen growth and estimated weight was very small. Twin 1 was actually bigger at birth and on the 12th percentile for gestation. Twin 2 was on the 6th percentile so classed as small for gestational age.

Such cute pics! I can't remember, are you having 2 girls? Hope all goes well at your consultant visit. They look adorable!

Those are possibly the cutest scan pics I've seen 😊
I'm sorry that it wasn't the best news at the scan, hope little twin has caught up a bit at your next one x

What cute pics!! Hope the consultant can help sure all in fine and you ll get another chance to see your little ones with extra scans xx

Aww lovely pics! I hope twin 2 catches up soon :hugs:

Did they say just on a lower line than twin 1 or is it below 10th percentile? I cannot remember what all the measurements were from mine but they never measured on the same percentile, but mine were di/di, not sure what type yours are. They always told me all along my twin 2 was fine and twin 1 had dangerously low liquor levels and slowed abdomen growth and estimated weight was very small. Twin 1 was actually bigger at birth and on the 12th percentile for gestation. Twin 2 was on the 6th percentile so classed as small for gestational age.

Hi twin mum, yes she is below The 10th centile. can I ask how your two is progressing now? Xx

Such cute pics! I can't remember, are you having 2 girls? Hope all goes well at your consultant visit. They look adorable!

Thanks Lucy! Yes two girls, summer and lola 😍👶😍👶 xx

They are fine now. Still pretty low on percentiles even at 7 yr old but thats just them naturally, they eat like horses and are always on the go! My girl (the one born on 6th percentile) was initially OK with weight gain but after at 6 months she stalled and started loosing weight even thou she was eating well and no illness. I had to put her on a high calorie diet for a few years to keep her weight gain up. Both had a stall in growth and stopped gaining weight completely between 12-16 months old. Now they are 126 cm and 125 cm tall and weigh 22KG.

During the 3rd tri I was scanned twice a week to check cord flow and liquor levels, measurements taken once a fortnight. Between 20-28 weeks I was scanned around about once a fortnight. I am not sure if your little ones are sharing a placenta or not, but if they are, I assume they are keeping an eye on you for TTTS too?

Thanks Lucy! Yes two girls, summer and lola 😍👶😍👶 xx[/QUOTE]

Beautiful names. :)

They are fine now. Still pretty low on percentiles even at 7 yr old but thats just them naturally, they eat like horses and are always on the go! My girl (the one born on 6th percentile) was initially OK with weight gain but after at 6 months she stalled and started loosing weight even thou she was eating well and no illness. I had to put her on a high calorie diet for a few years to keep her weight gain up. Both had a stall in growth and stopped gaining weight completely between 12-16 months old. Now they are 126 cm and 125 cm tall and weigh 22KG.

During the 3rd tri I was scanned twice a week to check cord flow and liquor levels, measurements taken once a fortnight. Between 20-28 weeks I was scanned around about once a fortnight. I am not sure if your little ones are sharing a placenta or not, but if they are, I assume they are keeping an eye on you for TTTS too?

Thank you for the insight. They are not sharing placentas fortunately so not watching for ttts! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->