And yet another failed attempt

Rashaa

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
I have been quiet for a few days...last week I was super excited...very early on...about 9dpo I got the hinting of positive hpt...it got a bit darker the next day and then fainter two days later, so I called my doctor to ask if I could come in for tests...Based on my AGE and previous history, she told me that she wanted to wait until I was past the dates of my previous chemical pregnancy before I came in, at least two weeks past my next due period.

I was a bit upset, and honestly beside myself..I wanted at least to see what my bloods were and KNOW what was going on...

Funny how the family doctor is more aggressive than the RE...so she ordered a test for me on Friday and CC'ed it to the RE. My hcg was low..and the progesterone wasn't great... Friday afternoon, the RE gets fax of my bloodwork from the morning, and now she wants to see me on Monday! So Monday I went..repeated bloodwork, and heard the same spiel..of "I don't think this is going to be a viable pregnancy, your numbers are low..either we are catching it very early again, or it's a cp". So I said to her, you removed the fibroid, so why is it not helping now??? Her response was that my prolactin is high and while the MRI I just did confirms that I have no brain tumors..she felt that the elevated prolactin was not helping things.

She prescribed me Dostinex, and said that I need to start taking it, if we have another m/c with this one. She said she would call me with the repeat blood work results, and she went on to say that given my age, there is nothing else she can really do for me at this point.

Now during all of this ... my darling DH starts to PMS on me, and act like a total lovely arse! I am sure he is equally frustrated, upset you name it....We've only been trying for four years, and now this will be our third CONFIRMED loss, but the actualy count is a bit higher... So..I'm having sh*t from him, and then all of this...

Tuesday just confirmed what she thought to be true, which really pissed me off even more, my progesterone was now half of what it was before! and hcg was tanking not doubling...

I was given repeat bloods in a week, and to call with my day 1. I started spotting yesterday and it continues today....

I don't know what is worse, getting pregnant and not being able to actually carry a baby to term OR not being able to get pregnant at all...In my not so humble opinion...all of it is shite, and crap to go through.

Anyway, I am feeling very sardonic and catty right now...I guess normal emotions. I am so happy for everyone who has the :bfp: and sticky beans, I really am, I am just really pissed off with my body, and honestly, don't even know where to begin.

I have done the best I can do.

Oh crude! That is alot to go through. Since your progestrone was low, can't you be put on progestrone prior to pregnancy. I was put on it on Day 21, last pregnancy until 12weeks. :hugs::hugs:

Garnet, I asked her for progesterone, she said it was too late for this cycle [she didn't call it a pregnancy] and she said that if I take the Dostinex, I won't need progesterone.... [I was very upset by the appointment, but will ask my family doctor for a prescription.]

Garnet, I asked her for progesterone, she said it was too late for this cycle [she didn't call it a pregnancy] and she said that if I take the Dostinex, I won't need progesterone.... [I was very upset by the appointment, but will ask my family doctor for a prescription.]

I was put on a low dose 100mg endomtrin. It even says in instructions it helps with implantation and progresses the pregnancy. I think at at 7 weeks I was put on 200 mg suppositories. Good luck :flower:

Oh Rashaa -so sorry to read your post and sending you a big hug - you are right - TTC is totally crappy when it is not working out and I really understand your frustration. Hang on in there. Hope you get a BFP soon XXX

Why does your doctor doesn't consider it a pregnancy? :shrug:

https://miscarriage.about.com/od/onetimemiscarriages/p/chemicalpreg.htm

"The term chemical pregnancy means that the miscarriage happened at a point that a missed period and biochemical tests, such as an hCG blood test or a home pregnancy test (checking hCG in urine), were the only evidence that you were pregnant. The miscarriage happened before an ultrasound could have shown a gestational sac.

When the pregnancy develops to the point that ultrasound could confirm the existence of the pregnancy, the term becomes clinical pregnancy. Thus, a chemical pregnancy would be a miscarriage before the fifth week of gestation -- or within about week after your missed menstrual period."

wann a be..she thought it was a very early detection and it's not that she didn't consider it a pregnancy, but it was how she spoke to me about it...she couldn't deny the presence of hcg and said it ws not viable...but through the rest of her discussion, she talked about this cycle in relation to the dostinex....

I don't know...but I already have a few places in California (where we are planning to move) I am scouting which are more older mom friendly...one even does IVF up to age 46 via mini IVF with one's own eggs!

hey Rashaa, how are you doing? I just wanted to send lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: and to let you know you are not alone, we are all here cheering for you hun, so chin up ok?
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi sweetie ,I am so deeply sorry for your loss :cry::cry:Sending u big hugs and I pray u get your sticky bean soon ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

So sorry for your loss sweetie.
and I agree lttc really does suck :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Hope you have peopole round you sweetie especiaaly if OH is not at his best
Take care :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member