Androgel

coralym30

Reaction score
so my fiance went for his bloodwork results .. turns out he has the testosterone level of a 90 year old man . it should be between 80-90 but its only 22 doctor said thats probably why we havent gotten pregnant .. its effects the sperm

hes been prescibed androgel ..

i was excited cause i thought its gonna help but now im reading all kinds of stuff
saying how it actually decreases sperm count

damn now im worried even more

Hi! Thought I would share my story with testosterone replacement therapy. Hubby was diagnosed with low t about 10 months ago (24 was his level) and dr put him on injections every 10 days. DID NOT mention to us that it can make you sterile!! DH is only 23. Well just last week he had a SA done because we have been trying for our second for a while. Sperm count read ZERO sperm. We are pretty devastated and mad at this dr as I asked specifically if it would effect sperm and he told me that it absolutely would not cause a change in sperm.... Well he was wrong. We're not sure if it
Will come back or not, I haven't been able to find much info on it. But anyway I
Thought i would tell you our experience with synthetic testosterone. I would not put
DH on it, and ask dr if there are other ways to raise t with other drugs that won't ruine fertility! Low sperm is better than no sperm! Needless to say DH is off the t and has been for a month now so we will have to wait and see if it ever comes back! :(

our doctor knows that were trying to conceive so why would he do this to us .. maybe he doesent know ? but its his job to know ! seriously it pisses me off i dont think we will ever have a baby .

I read that men can take clomid and supposably help with sperm count and testosterone .. i think if i ask our doctor hes gonna think she should stop reading stuff online

If he is just a primary care dr I wouldn't trust it because that who gave my hubby the t, and he had no idea. There is a chance the sperm COULD come back, but even if it does it's likely that it would only be a very low count which would require us to do Ivf with icsi.... Super expensive. I know there are some other ways to increase t (like clomid, or some others) while you are having kids then once your done having kids he can go crazy with the androgel! We are starting the process of suing the dr for malpractice for doing this to us jut FYI .... It's a bad bad position and I hope you can avoid it, I wish someone would have warned me about this as there is NO WAY IN HELL hubby would have taken it if he knew it would make his sperm count zero! By the way DH thought I was crazy for being so worried about It and not trusting his dr a for reading stuff online....but turns out I was right and he felt really bad afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->