Anemic and homebirth

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
I want a homebirth and as many of you may know i am having some oppositions from my MW already which are slowly being sorted due to another midwife in my triarge area.
However my bloods from yesterdays appointment came back and im anemic, not badly as i ahve been anemic before and i am on half the iron tabels i was last time.
Could be being anemic give my MW another reason to oppose my HB?

It could but it would depend on your hospital regulations for homebirths. Call your midwife (or a helpful midwife) to ask what they are. I am slightly anemic and my midwife has said I'm fine to go ahead, our hospital guidlines state they will start advising against a home birth when HB levels are below 10 (mine are 10.5 normal levels for a female are between 12.1 and 15 I believe)

my friend was refused a home birth as her levels were less than 10
xxx

you can not be refused a home birth you do have to be made aware of the risks but if you type in home birth with low hb into google there are some great articles so you can make an informed choice x if after you have found your pros an cons you stil want a home birth go for it this is exactly what i did and i dont regret it i had my home birth it was the best decision i made for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->