Angel care monitor sound pausing???

Jaz_

1st time mum
Reaction score
ugh this monitor is doin my head in! i didnt realise it cut off the sound to the room completely wen its quiet up ther, then it starts wen a noise is heard, BUT i had sashas sea horse playin up ther an it kept pausing even wen the song was still goin?? like in the middle of one of the wee tunes (i know the sea horse pauses its self) ne1 know if u can change the settings???

I don't think you can. My monitor cuts out for a moment every now and then too. I think if you turn the volume down a notch or two the humming sound will go away, but you'll still hear if the baby cries.

Mine doesn't cut off the sound when it's quiet :shrug:
I can always hear the static-y noise or Adrian snoring/snuffling.
I turn the sound down at night so i only hear if he's babbling or crying.
I have noticed that very very occasionally it'll go dead for literally a second, but then the static hissing comes back.

its weird i want to hear the static noise, i feel like its not working wen i cant hear it! :(

Hey I remember sometime mentioned on here a while ago they think you can change the settings, not sure how though x

It depends what model you have, mine has the option of continuous sounds or sound activated mine is ac401 and to change the settings:-

For continuous sound - press the menu button 3 times and select OFF
For sound activated press the menu button 3 times and select ON

Also if you want the sound activated option make sure the mic sensitivity volume is on maximum select 'ON' as above then press menu again and use the up arrow to increase the sensitivity :)

Hope that helps :)

It depends what model you have, mine has the option of continuous sounds or sound activated mine is ac401 and to change the settings:-

For continuous sound - press the menu button 3 times and select OFF
For sound activated press the menu button 3 times and select ON

Also if you want the sound activated option make sure the mic sensitivity volume is on maximum select 'ON' as above then press menu again and use the up arrow to increase the sensitivity :)

Hope that helps :)

I know this is an old post but we have using angel care ac401 with dd2 did you find the sound activated setting blocked out the muffley noises you get otherwise? Also if I put the volume up high in the settings how high should I put it on the front page setting that you can do without entering menu (hope that makes sense)

Lo doesn’t usually wake apart from the odd dummy run but the monitor makes noises all night on continuous!

We have one of these but haven’t used it since my first. If I remember correctly, the setting on the front page, as you put it, is just how for how loud the sound comes out of the handset - that is how loud it sounds to you when the monitor is activated. So if you’re in a noisy room you can turn it up or have it just on quietly if the room is quiet.

I never used the continuous sound feature as those staticky, muffly noises annoy the heck out of me. You really only need to hear when your baby makes a noise, activated sound mode is preferable. About the OP in the old post who is talking about the sound cutting out even though music is on - this is how it’s meant to work. On the activated mode it is activated by the sound of a babies voice (they are designed to be sensitive to these frequencies), so it shouldn’t be continually activated by music.

Also, if it’s on activated mode and it’s activating too often - to background noises, not just baby making noises - then you’ve got the sound sensitivity too high and you need to turn it down. You shouldn’t need to turn it right up, we never had ours above midway and we always heard when DS1 woke up.

We have one of these but haven’t used it since my first. If I remember correctly, the setting on the front page, as you put it, is just how for how loud the sound comes out of the handset - that is how loud it sounds to you when the monitor is activated. So if you’re in a noisy room you can turn it up or have it just on quietly if the room is quiet.

I never used the continuous sound feature as those staticky, muffly noises annoy the heck out of me. You really only need to hear when your baby makes a noise, activated sound mode is preferable. About the OP in the old post who is talking about the sound cutting out even though music is on - this is how it’s meant to work. On the activated mode it is activated by the sound of a babies voice (they are designed to be sensitive to these frequencies), so it shouldn’t be continually activated by music.

Also, if it’s on activated mode and it’s activating too often - to background noises, not just baby making noises - then you’ve got the sound sensitivity too high and you need to turn it down. You shouldn’t need to turn it right up, we never had ours above midway and we always heard when DS1 woke up.

I’m trying this today with naps

Got it now with the sounds the one in settings is sensitivity the one on front screen is how loud I hear it. I’m testing the sensitivity today - I have it 3/4 of the way up at mo but will see how it goes

Thank you this is so much better now there’s no interference!

Oh says it disturbs him more the sound jumping on but I find it a lot better & as it’s me getting up to her then so be it

I do find I might be too quick to jump on & go into her sometimes when she would possibly settle herself back off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->