• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Angry at my OB!

Teasangelmom

Reaction score
I had my 20 week ultrasound today. We wanted and asked to find out the gender. My ob stopped the ultrasound wand as soon as it reached the babies abdomen,claiming it was lying the wrong way to see it's genitals. Bald face lie she didn't get past its abdomen! Urg! We're beyond angry. This is just in a string of complaints about her. Many of her patients complained about this. We're switching doctors now but of course have to wait until that office faxes my new doctor my test results etc. This is our second child, my third child total and we know what to look for in an ultrasound. We're really angry she lied and treated us like we're stupid. She also didn't order genetic testing until today and it was supposed be ordered 4 weeks ago! ARG! Sorry, just had to vent!

That's shocking!! It is a parents RIGHT to know the gender of their baby if they want to know! Did you make a formal complaint in regards to the way she treated you and the lack of tests ordered for genetic testing?? That is NOT patient care at all. Sorry this happened to you. :hug:

That's unacceptable I am not sure where the best place to submit a complaint against her would be but I'd definitely do it. I am glad your switching OBs. If she didn't get past the abdomen would she even have done a proper anatomy scan at that point? Hopefully the new OB will do a proper one for you.

I didn't make a formal complaint but I did get the genetic testing done, just had to do it all in one day because they didn't order 4 weeks ago so it wound up being a rushed thing. Ugh. No we don't think she'd have done a proper anatomy scandal because she refuses to tell her patients the gender of their baby. Unfortunately I didn't believe the reviews about her online and thought it just couldn't be true. So here we are switching obs and having to wait until 3+ weeks to find out the gender. You know she also didn't order the anomoly scan to check how it's growing and if it's developing properly? Ahhh!

Thats insane! My OB wouldnt tell us the gender from an early genetic testing blood tests bc they are against abortion and apparently some parents abort early if they are disappointed with the gender (so sad and sick). But for the dr to not tell you at 20 weeks is completely ridiculous! Sorry you had such a horrible experience during what shouldve been such an exciting time

Some sonographers here won't tell you the gender at 20 weeks as they aren't allowed to. I've always had to book private gender scans in order to find out. With dd1 the nhs sonographer got a bit nasty and said the purpose of the scan isn't to find out the sex, its to ensure that baby is growing properly and do lots of measurements. Luckily I'd already had my private scan at 16 weeks so wasn't upset. With dd2 the sonographer at nhs 20 week scan was much friendlier and had a quick look and said I think it's a girl (but we already knew anyway). Think a lot of the time it's just your luck here whether they will tell you or not. I've got my gender scan booked privately for 17 weeks anyway. I hope your next Ob is more accommodating and will check for you xx

Yeah, some places here won't tell you either unless you go private. But I'm guessing since you're private anyway, it's a bit silly of her to lie about the reason for not telling you.

Thats the thing I do understand about wanting to avoid abortion but 1)we dont believe in it and we dont care WHAT were having,we just want to know and 2) abortion is illegal here after 12 weeks. So urm whats her reasoning for not telling us? The main reason were mad is she bald faced lied to us about the baby being in the wrong position,were not stupid we can read ultrasounds. lol. It wasnt the sonograper doing the scan it was the dr herself and you legally are allowed to know the gender of your baby,but unfortunatly its not illegal not to tell parents the sex of their baby so not much we can do on that regard but on her not ordering the anomoly scan/genetic testing(she finally ordered this one at the last second) we can file a complaint against her for that. Oh,she didnt do any measurements or check anything on the baby besides the heartbeat(which it does have) thats it. She looked for about 5 seconds,didnt bother telling us anything,didnt check anything etc. She didnt even order any tests to make sure it was developing normally!?
I did find a new ob and theyll take me right away,tuesday,to find out the gender and they also want to order the anomoly scan right away since the last dr didnt,they said I should have had the scan ordered at my last visit and to not order it is just irresponsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->