Angry or upset over something little? Tell me I'm not alone

Letsgo

Reaction score
I'm having trouble reconciling good sense with my feelings. First off, I know how spoiled and bratty this is. I'm hoping some anonymous venting helps me put this silliness in perspective. It's my shower, and I'm feeling like a big baby.

My mom started talking about a shower when I was about 4 months along, and said she'd ask my two closest friends to help. Her guest list ideas matched mine. Sounded great! We live far away from our families and would enjoy the chance to celebrate our long-awaited baby with those we loved. At the holidays I visited with my friends and told them about mom's idea, the probable date, and everyone was on board.

A month goes by, and nothing has happened. I was getting nervous so I took on the invitations. As I'm gathering the last few addresses from my mom she informs me she wants to pay for the shower (we were going to, not a big deal). Oh, and add these 3 more people to the list. And, she has other ideas for catering than what I had decided.

Friends and mom get together this week and decided on my least favorite option for catering (some guy my brother knows from his church club) and picked a menu that luckily has something I planned to order on it, along with some other things that currently make my stomach churn (the smell of meat is not my friend). When I read the email from my mom I got so mad. I think she is actually going to spend more money with the choices made than what I had already decided on. I liked my choices! My husband helped me with this since no one was getting things started. I wanted the deviled egg tray for him!

So I was going to skip my call home tonight with the excuse that hubby is out of town and I was talking to him, which was true. Mom called, something she never does, wanting to know if I got her email and if I agree with the choices made. She sounded so proud and I feel like a jerk that I'm not simply grateful for the effort everyone is putting forward. I'm going to take a couple days to get over myself here.

What are some ridiculous, out of character things you've done or felt while pregnant? Am I way out of line, or just a bit? Any tips to just relax?

I had a complete meltdown the other day cause my hubs didn't want to go to bed at the same time as me, if that makes you feel any less crazy?

That said, ask a friend to bring deviled eggs. :) They're delicious!

Hey we're all allowed to have our moments. I had to take on my invitations too as my friend was doing nothing and it's less than a month from the date agreed on.

I cry all the time. Dh will say something nit meant to be mean, and I know it, and I'll start crying. Yesterday I started crying because he comes to bed so late that by the time he gets into bed he's ready to fall asleep. He couldn't understand that I miss him.I dunno. Like I said, we're all allowed our moments.

I had a melt down cause my hubby was helping doing the house work lol work that one out mind you my waters went mopping the floor mid melt down . Xxxx

So normal. My family take it in turns trying to wind me up
Ive ranted on here loads! Its a hormonal and overwhelming experience. Everyone sticks there 2 pence in even when you dont ask for it. It wont be for much longer now xx

I have been asking(telling) OH to clean the oven for me (selfish already?) He said he would but weeks later it still wasn't done, the other day i'd had enough & started cleaning it .....I ended up crouching on the floor & crying because noone cared about me :haha:

Then OH made it worse by saying I had crocodile tears & saying he would take over .....

I have been asking(telling) OH to clean the oven for me (selfish already?) He said he would but weeks later it still wasn't done, the other day i'd had enough & started cleaning it .....I ended up crouching on the floor & crying because noone cared about me :haha:

Then OH made it worse by saying I had crocodile tears & saying he would take over .....

Sometimes mine is sat watching his programs and I think we only have one or two weekends together now until baby is here. Plus he is at work all week. It gets me down lol. Why can't they see what a big thing we are going through. Preparing ourselves for labour is not he easiest thing when we feel half dead lol

laura - I swear he forgets I'm even pregnant sometimes! I feel the same as you when he's not working I want us to have time together I hate that xbox.

I hope your OH starts understanding very soon! :flower:

You too hun. Im due wednesday so i hope she will be here and put me put my misery soon lol x hope yours sorts himself out too :) xx

One of my friends packed her bags and left her OH.. because he forgot rinse the can out before putting it in the recycling! Needless to say she came back about an hour later.

1. I cried in front of my husband and two little kids because I had to get up 3 times during dinner to pee and it wasn't fair I had to eat my food cold when I'm the one that prepares and cooks it. :haha:

2. I cried walking up the stairs because I spent an hour hinting for someone to bring the towels I just folded up stairs to the linen closets so I didn't have to hurdle up the stairs. :haha:

3. I cried yesterday because I never in my life nap during the day and the one time I do EVERYONE keeps waking me up or opening and closing doors around me, but when I'm awake they're slugs in front of the television. :growlmad::growlmad: That one felt justifiable and still is!!

If I were you, I'd enjoy your mom doing all the work and paying for the baby shower and whip up your own batch of deviled eggs for your hubby. :flower: I'm sure your mom will make the event wonderful.

We are all on near tears around here. LOL.

I had a melt down yesterday because my cousin gave birth to her baby (she was 39 weeks) and i'm only 32. surely it's normal she'd have hers first? still feel upset over it! ha

complete maniac

Also anyone elses family driving them crazy.... my sister and mum are experts on why my blood pressure is up and how may bee she has not come yet as I've rested to much and need to walk grrrrr

I had a melt down yesterday because my cousin gave birth to her baby (she was 39 weeks) and i'm only 32. surely it's normal she'd have hers first? still feel upset over it! ha

complete maniac

I have had about 5 people due in Feb near where I live. The final one is being induced as we speak so I'm last. Feel like ill never have my baby

I got completely murderously mad with DH the other day. I was having contractions, and as I was only 36+5, L&D wanted me to come up to get monitored. They were definitely contractions, but they sent me home, telling me to come back when things progressed. They didn't. I got murderous because MIL had to be contacted to get DS off the bus from school as I wouldn't make it in time, and OH was driving the 3 hours home for the weekend. MIL started calling everyone, and telling them I was in the hospital, and she didn't even know the whole story. When I went to leave, I checked my phone to find numerous texts from friends and family who shouldn't have even known I was at L&D! I got mad at OH, reminding him that I didn't want anyone to know we were there until we were admitted, and well on our way to delivering. The only reason MIL is going to know, is because she'll be watching DS while we're there. Next time, I'll make the call. And she'll be told not to tell a SOUL. OH said I was overreacting, but I was Soooooooooo pissed off that she felt the need to call around when she didn't even have the correct info! I'm okay with her now, but still slightly pissed off. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I got upset the other night cause I had washed all the sheets in the house, made DH's brother's bed, folded a bunch of laundry, and was getting the last load out and DH didn't help me make our bed. His brother also didn't say thanks for buying him sheets, washing his dirty sheets, and making his bed! Urgh I was so pissed. Oh and I made dinner. So I felt like I did all that work and nobody noticed or appreciated it. :cry: :haha:

(I didn't ask for help, and his brother thanked me the next day and also really liked the dinner I made and ate all the leftovers. So that was better.)

EDIT: I got so wrapped up in my problems I forgot to reply to letsgo! Can you ask your mom to modify the menu to your liking? I'm sure the shower will be great, maybe you should just not come near the planning at all! That way your mom gets to do whatever she likes and you just show up, and you won't know what to be upset over ;) Haha. No but seriously, I understand. I hope you work it out with your mom :hugs:

I got completely murderously mad with DH the other day. I was having contractions, and as I was only 36+5, L&D wanted me to come up to get monitored. They were definitely contractions, but they sent me home, telling me to come back when things progressed. They didn't. I got murderous because MIL had to be contacted to get DS off the bus from school as I wouldn't make it in time, and OH was driving the 3 hours home for the weekend. MIL started calling everyone, and telling them I was in the hospital, and she didn't even know the whole story. When I went to leave, I checked my phone to find numerous texts from friends and family who shouldn't have even known I was at L&D! I got mad at OH, reminding him that I didn't want anyone to know we were there until we were admitted, and well on our way to delivering. The only reason MIL is going to know, is because she'll be watching DS while we're there. Next time, I'll make the call. And she'll be told not to tell a SOUL. OH said I was overreacting, but I was Soooooooooo pissed off that she felt the need to call around when she didn't even have the correct info! I'm okay with her now, but still slightly pissed off. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Uh, no. This would royally piss me off too. I don't think you overreacted at all! This one is justifiable in the righteous. Its something my mil would do too and she drives me nuts! Dh is under strict orders not to tell anyone we're in the hospital until AFTER baby is born. No exceptions.

One of my friends packed her bags and left her OH.. because he forgot rinse the can out before putting it in the recycling! Needless to say she came back about an hour later.

So there's hope for a return of sense? I think I'd be better at handling if my DH wasn't on a business trip all week

Thank you all for sharing, ladies! I thought since I haven't been overly weepy (yet) or had many cravings that I was kind of getting away with not having some sort of clichéd episode. I think we could start an "I cried today because..." thread and revel in some of this absurdity.

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->