Another blow to women's rights- Zimbabwe charging women for screaming

aliss

Reaction score
... in childbirth (which as most of you realize, will be unmedicated).

This is such a violation of human rights. More women and babies will be born in unassisted/unattended home births, I'm sure, as a result. I'm not against freebirth but I doubt these women have the same access to education or clean equipment like western free birthers. What do you think?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ed-women-5-for-each-scream-during-childbirth/

Sigh, I think human beings are plain MAD and cruel sometimes..

Considering the massive human rights violations in Zimbabwe in general, that doesn't surprise me one bit. The president has pretty much murdered whole communities (he actually had a presidential initiative called 'Clean Up the Scum' which involved just razing whole villages and murdering anyone his thugs could find in them because he didn't like having to look at poor people and slums). So nothing surprises me there anymore!

I think it goes to show you though that abuses of fundamental human rights in a society as a whole so often play themselves out very specifically in birth, both in developing countries and in more developed countries like our own. Sad. :nope:

:( Makes me feel so lucky to have been born in the UK. Craziness. xx

I'm stunned and feel upset at the way women are treated around the world (including here...remember the journalist getting threatened with rape on twitter for campaigning for Jane Austen's face to be on our paper currency!).

Misogyny is rife in the world and it is scaring me the way women don't support each other more in our everyday choices. If we stuck together more then we'd be much more powerful.

I hope the Zimbabwean women get some support against this.

I wouldn't believe everything you read. Sure, it might happen at a hospital here or there but it is certainly not policy. Zim has some pretty atrocious human rights violations but I know this is not standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->