Another food q

A

AppleBlossom

As it stands Grace's 3 meals are:

Breakfast- Fruity Porridge and maybe a petit filous yoghurt
Lunch-Veg Jar
Dinner-Meat Jar and Fruit puree pot

What parts of her meals can I change so she can have more variety? I know this is a good amount for her to be eating but I don't feel she is getting enough bulk. The jars are quite thin and watery in comparison to normal food. Would I be better changing one of her meals for more adult food like pasta etc (I've seen baby pasta and sauces that I try her with) or keep her meals the same and give her different foods like cheese, bread etc as a snack for the time being?

Not sure if this helps but this is Hannah's schedule (for now)

7:15/7:45 breakfast: 4-5 ounces of formula, oatmeal made with 2 ounces of formula plus 2 teaspoons applesauce
10/10:30 snack: toast with butter (just introduced today) plus water/juice
12 lunch: 4-6 ounces of formula plus 3/4 jar of fruit
2/2:30 snack: rusk plus water
4/4:30 dinner: 4-6 ounces of formula plus 3/4-1 jar veggies plus yogurt if she wants more (yes I know she's one day shy of six months but I just gave her the yogurt last night for the first time so I don't think it's that bad :lol:)
6 top up bottle of 3-4 ounces
9/10 dream feed 5-6 ounces

You can try adding some yogurt to her diet and lil cheeses :)

Ally is 6 months today and has been having for the past couple of days:

8am - bottle
9am - porridge or sugar free rusk (1 and a half) with a couple of spoonfuls of fruit puree
11am - rice cake thing
12pm - half a piece of toast, carrot, pear. Basically finger food followed by a yoghurt.
3pm - bottle
5pm - vegetable puree bulked up with baby rice (he's having soooo much of the stuff, he can't get enough veg, I don't understand why he loves it so much!) followed by half a jar of fruit.

I think you should give her a go with fingerfood or even mashing up a banana instead of giving a jar. I find the jars are sooo watery and really unlike food compared to the stuff I make myself. I can't be arsed pureeing fruit but with veg I think it makes a big difference. I think the little baby pasta stuff is a bit of a waste of money, you could just buy normal pasta and chop it up tiny for her (although I guess that is faffy but I'm all about the money lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->