Another Gorgeous Rainbow Baby - Benjamin William

x-Rainbow-x

Mum to Phoebe, Alex n Ben
Reaction score
:cloud9::kiss::crib::blue::dance:x-Rainbow-x:cloud9::kiss::crib::blue::dance:
Birth Story of Benjamin William

8th March 2011
01.00am Weighing 5lb 2oz

A little bit of back ground - I have been in hospital alot since 30 weeks pregnant, due to blood pressure problems, i got sent home on sunday 6th March with my blood pressure medication increased , Baby was breech and i was booked in for an ECV on the 15th March to have baby turned, if not i was going to deliver vaginal breech.

so i went home on the sunday and just fely generally shite, i slept on the sofa because my hips were killing me and i could barely move

Monday - 36 weeks excately !!

i woke a few times that night for the loo and noticed at 5am that i had a show , didnt think to much of it and went back to sleep

at around 6-7am i had a bad tummy and went to the loo a couple of times and just generally didnt feel right

my OH went to work and my LO went to nursery and i just started playing cityville on facebook as usual :blush::rofl:

i noticed that at around 8am i was starting to get pains

at 9.00 they were still coming , so i decided i would download the contraction app for my i phone to see if they were coming regular (FABULOUS APP :thumbup:)

i had to go to the day unit that morning anyway to get my blood pressure monitored so decided that i would wait a bit , at around 10.30 ish they were still coming every 5 mins and lasting around 40 seconds . Because baby was breech i decided to go early to be checked out because if i was going into labout then i needed to be in early because of opting for a vaginal breech delivery

i hadnt told my OH i was having pains because they might have gone off so i had to drive to hospital myself although it wasnt far driving while having a contraction is not advisable :rofl:

i got there they examined me i was 2cm cervix was very anterior, they managed to get a hold of my consultant as i needed to be transfered to another hospital as my local hospial just has a birthing centre
he scanned me to see babys position and :shock: he was HEAD DOWN :shock:

i rang my OH to come and arranged for Alex to be in nursery for the afternoon too

we got to the other hospital went into the delivery room , i was examined again at around 5pm there was no real change so got transferred to the ward

while there i went in the bath with my badedas :cloud9: i was there for a good few hours , came back to my room and started using my birthing ball and tens
( I CAN HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND A TENS IT WAS AMAZING ESPECIALLY IN EARLY STAGES :thumbup: )

the pains were getting longer and alot more intense so i asked to be examined i was 4 cm at 21.30

shortly after i was transfered to the delivery suite

the pains started getting stronger and stronger , i remained standing most of the time and used the gas and air
( i love love love the gas and air - it absolutely knocked me silly but if u could buy it i defo would :rofl: its amazing)

i was attached to the monitor as baby was prem , despite my bmi being around 60 i still could stand up while being monitored so was impressed

i decided that i needed somthing stronger so at around 23.50 i had diamorphine , it was good stuff but i could barely stand up i was very fuzzy headed so got on the bed

the tracing wasnt too reassuring so i had my waters broke at 00.52 at 6cm.

shortly after at 00.58 i wouldnt say it was an urge to push or anything like that but i knew he was coming and shouted "he's coming"

he literally fell out at 01.00am :rofl: not a single push needed :blush:

he was placed onto my chest :cloud9: and OH cut his cord , he was perfect in every way :cloud9:

my placenta was delivered pretty much the same way as the baby was :haha: very quickly

his temperature was low 35.3 c so he had to be under double heaters and because of my medication he had to have his blood sugars monitored for 24 hours , he is combi fed and is doing really really well

his Big brother loves him we are one very very happy family and know their big sister is watching over mummy and her house full of boys :cloud9:

here are some pictures x

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/6246470d.jpg
https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/4401b626.jpg
https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/faa0ec0b.jpg
https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/000000000000-1.jpg​

Huge congratulations hunny can't wait to give him a squeeze!!
Lou
Xxx

Iv been waiting all night for this.

Congratulations hun, hes gorgeous. Must say im a bit jelous of your labour lol

Huge congratulations hunny can't wait to give him a squeeze!!
Lou
Xxx

Iv been waiting all night for this.

Congratulations hun, hes gorgeous. Must say im a bit jealous of your labour lol

Congrats Rainbow!
He is absolutely gorgeous!
Glad it went well for you :) xxx

Congrats Rainbow!
He is absolutely gorgeous!
Glad it went well for you :) xxx

Glad that everything went so well in the end, he is absolutely gorgeous :hugs:

You must be a very proud Mummy! Lots of love to Big Brother Alex too :happydance:

i just cant get over how stunning the little man is and his thick blonde hair.

lea alex looks like he as took to being a big brother brilliantly and i'm sure your little princess is watching over all over u with pride.x.x

i just don't know if he could be any more precious. congratulations again lea and family!

What an adorable little boy!!! So happy for you and your family!! :D

Lovely (and quite funny at times) birth story too!! :)

CONGRATS!!!! :happydance:

Congratulations! He is beautiful, love Alexs face in the last pic :D

Congrats rainbow!! He is adorable!! So is big brother..he looks so happy and excited to met him. Thats sweet

Great birth story, thank you so much for taking the time to write it all up.

He is a gorgeous boy and love the pic of big brother Alex with baby.

So happy for you and family, enjoy every minute!!!

Can't believe I could have a baby that size in me as we speak, you've made it all seem so much more real!!!!

Now that you're off your bp meds are you able to breast feed?

Awwww congrats.

The last pic is just :cloud9:

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back