Another hair question, my hair is lilac!

katherinegrey

Reaction score
Thank you for all your advice the other day girls, I used the colour b4 to strip the red away from my blonde hair and it worked a dream. I got my bleach blonde back. However, to tone down the brightness of my original blonde, I put a medium blonde dye on it. It is now lilac. Like a horrid pink/purple colour.

According to their facebook the old colour can come back if you apply a permanent dye on it, so they recommend semi permanent. On their box though it says it can be used before ANY colour treatment immediately. They said they state it can reoxidise on their FAQ's online. No where in the instructions does it say the old colour can come back, and no where does it say to check the FAQ's online! I rinsed for the full ten minutes as my hair is longer, buffered for one minute, then rinsed for another ten minutes, then buffered like a shampoo as stated, then rinsed again. I timed it all on my iphone, so I know I didn't scrimp on the rinsing stage! So I'm not very happy with their misleading instructions and box.

Anyway, how do I get rid of the purple?! I'm worried if I put a blonde on my hair it will just lift the purple to even lighter purple, and if I put a brown on it, due my hair being extra porous from the colour b4 it will go black!

Help please?!

What kind of semi did you use? If it was one of the shelves, then I'm afraid it has peroxide in and it'll try and go back to what it once was. That's a bit shit it wasn't on the instructions. There is a lot of confusion to the general public as to what is a semi and what isnt.

Scott Cornwall personally told me to wait at the very least , 72 hours before colouring with a peroxide based colourant.

You can, however, get the colour b4 back out and do it again. You might feel its a bit dry, but colour b4 isnt damaging as such as long as you buy the remover and not the stripper. You'll need a moisturising treatment - I love aussie 3 minute miracle but coconut oil is fantastic too.

Leave it alone for as long as you can after a colour b4. if you have to use anything to cover any patchiness, use a temporary such as a 6-8 wash Nice and Easy. There are a lot of dyes on the shelves that say semi permanent but they aren't "true" semis. If you can manage, just dont colour with anything for as long as poss.

You can test for re-oxydisation by applying pure peroxide cream to a strand of hair on its own and see if it returns to the strange shade.

You've got this far hun, but you can correct this too.

What AP says, some of them will specifically say that there is no peroxide in them too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->