another maybe switching over question...

redpoppy

Reaction score
re. cloth nappies....

When you first started how many nappies did you buy? Did you get LOADS and start full on or with a few? Did you know which ones to get? were they recommended? is it dependent on your babies shape and size? Didi you try any of those hire schemes?

Thanks for the replies.... :flower:

I started at 9 months old and ended up buying 14 staydry Flip inserts and 6 covers so we could make the full switch over - that's just my obsessive personality though, it I decide to do something then I'm doing it all out! :blush: Loads of people more sensibly buy a few preloved of different kinds of nappies to use alongside sposies. That way they can figure out what works for them without having spent a fortune on something they don't like and at that point buy enough to go full time. Luckily for us, Flips worked really well! :D

I just pestered the girls on here with tonnes of questions and decided to give Flips a go. Alot of BumGenius nappies are 20% off this week because it's real nappy week so they might be worth a try if you're going to go with new.

i started by using our council incentive which was 1 months free trial of a laundering service where they drop off fresh nappies to you and pick up the dirty ones, they gave me 6 wraps and a weeks worth of prefolds at each drop off
i only used them for 2 weeks as i wanted something less, rigid i think is the word lol
so i bought tots bots, i had organic cotton and bamboozles
i had enough for a 2 day rotation
after a couple of months i ventured out into the world of All in ones (aio's) so i didnt need a wrap cept for bed,

if you want to try a few different types go on cloth nappy tree and buy preloved, if you dont like them you can resell them x

I went in a direction that may not work for everyone. I got very good recommendations from people I highly trusted. Then bought all of my diapers at once. I bought 20 Thirsties brand.. half fitteds with covers, half pocket AIOs. And 5 bamboozles for bedtime. I'm very happy with them.. it's working out great!

Now I just need to venture out and buy some adorable custom ones! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->