Another OPK Question...(sorry)

Kaylakin

Here we go again...
Reaction score
I got a strong positive OPK (test line darker than control) yesterday in the evening. Today in the evening, I got a positive, but the test line was about equal to the control line. Does this mean that I'm catching the surge on the way down? Did I already ovulate? I am confused about at which point you ovulate -- is it at the height of the surge? I usually get ovulation pain and ovulate on this day, CD15, but I have not had any pain thus far today. Any ideas/thoughts?? Thanks in advance!

Kaylakin, you don't ovulate at the height of your LH surge. You ovulate after the surge. It is impossible to know what part of the surge you are catching when you get a positive OPK. You can make educated guesses though. You very well could have caught it going up and then going down. Technically, you can ovulate on a day you get your positive. That's because your surge already happened, you ovulate, then you test and your OPK is positive because you caught the LH on it's way down. However, you could still ovulate in the next 12 to 36 hours, so maybe you haven't ovulated yet. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->