Another Q - LINERS!

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
So Ive started using cloth now and we are yet to have a poopy nappy. I was advised (by someone who knows not a lot about cloth btw) that i should be using liners... whats the deal with these?

Confused.com :wacko:

its really up to you ... i use liners to protect the nappies lol!
when he was exclusively bf'd i used fleece liners, they kept his bits dry and the poo would just wash off. when he was first weaned and his poos went all squidgy we used the soft disposable liners to catch the bulk of it. now he's on proper solids we're back to fleece (as they're just nicer for him to wear i think) and the poo just plops off lol!
you don't have to, but some do and i think most use the fleece ones as they wick moisture away from sensitive bums!

where can i get cheap liners then? Do I just sit it in the nappy?

Thanks for replying btw, ive been a wee nervous wreck that im doing it wrong! lol

I made ours by cutting up a piece of fleece into rectangles roughly the size of our nappies (some people get fancy and make them more contoured to fit the nappy perfectly but I couldn't be bothered). You can buy them too though :) You're right- they just sit on top of the nappy. hth :flower:

You can buy paper type ones from mothercare that you can flush away, or make your own out of a cheapy fleecy blankie but they need washing :) x

I was going to use disp liners till LO is on solids - his poos are just too runny the now!

is this a good or bad idea?

They are good but I found Fi's Bf'ing poops just slid over the side and leaked into the nappy anyways, they are better when the poops are solid as you can just go "plop" down the loo with no mess :rofl: x

yeah i found / find he does liquidy poos horizontally, plus the sposie liners tend to bunch up around his bits! i found the fleece ones fine fir bf poo. i have a mix of cheap online ones and cut up bits of fleece material.
dont think you can really do it wrong, its more about fiddling with how you do it till you find what works!

So im probs better with an old fleece then? Does any old fleece blanket do? Do I need to scrape any excess poo off before washing and prewash before washing with everything else or do you wash these separate?

Omg im rambling :headspin:

You can get fleece liners from ebay SUPER cheaply if you can't be bothered to make them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->