Another Question!!! Cots/Cribs?

S

sparkswillfly

Sorry for yet another question ladies but Im v clueless. Can babies go into cot/cotbed straight away? What is the need for a crib/moses basket? Is it because cots are bigger and maybe be daunting or is there a medical reason.

My OH thinks we should just buy a cot for financial and space reasons.

Hannah went straight into her crib (I think it's the same thing as a cot there?) Anyways I doubt she would have fit for long in a Moses basket because she was very long at birth

I brought a moses basket so i can have LO sleep in my room for the first few weeks, and then go into her cot in her own room.

I dont think there are any medical reasons for either/or its just peoples preference hun

It is totally personal preference. There is no reason they can't go straight into a cot. It saves quite a bit of money as they can only stay in a moses basket for 3-4 mths I believe.

I am planning on putting my little man in his crib from day one and only using a bassinette for naps, or for when we are away from home.

:hugs:

I'm putting my LO into a cotbed straight away :shrug: its just what you want really and how much space you have in your room if you want them to stay in with you :)

i've got a rocking crib for the first 6 months or so. we were gona get a moses, but it would have been more expensive!! the one we got was £60 from babies r us. i think the only reason people tend to get moses baskets/cribs is for space in the bedroom when baby's in the same room and cos babies tend to prefer to be in a smaller space like when tehy were in the womb!

I have bought a cot to use straight away!! although everyone keeps telling me i should be using a moses basket!!

x

No reason why baby can't go straight into a cot babe....in fact there's no point paying out for smaller cribs etc if you can fit the cot in your bedroom with you:dohh:

Ive decided to go for the cot straight away. Dont have much room for storage when bubs is finished with moses basket and cot fits in my room so may aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->