Anterior placenta = back to back baby?? Any experience?

Freya

Toddler and baby
Reaction score
Hi all, I hope I'm just jumping the gun here but having being told I have sn anterior placenta at my 20 week scan I'm now worried about the possibility of my baby ending up back to back and not achieving the drug free quick-ish water birth I'm hoping for! My first was in the op and I had a posterior placenta. Does anyone have experience of this being right? Did it cause problems during labour? More discomfort, longer labour or needing the dreaded intervention?

Xxx

Theres a thread in 3rd tri atm about OP and anterior placentas and the answers are pretty mixed to whether OP and placenta is linked. Unfortunately I had both last time, and have an anterior placenta this time but baby isn't OP - My placenta is pretty high up though so nowhere near her face.

I have nothing to compare my last labour to - it was long but 75% of it was managable without any pain relief at all - I had an epidural due to complete exhaustion, but didn't need intervention. But then again I have a friend who had a 3 hour labour start to finish without anything at all, her baby was also OP

HTH x

Thank you. Also spotted a similar thread in here so I was a bit quick to post a thread. Xxx

i have an anterior placenta and baby is in perfect position, I never heard of a possible link to OP position before

I have had an anterior placenta with both of mine :dohh: DD1 was perfectly positioned... DD2 was a little bum and was a back to back snuggled in there and only decided to turn at the end of labour she tried to come down sideways too :lol: BUT I have to say that although I was seriously freaked out by how hard its meant to be I found it no different.

My last pregnancy and delivery (#3) was both anterior placenta and straight OP. Honestly, I've never heard of a link until now.

My OP birth was horrible. The labor wasn't much different, but the pushing was a nightmare. Do everything possible to try to get that baby to rotate before you push.

I think it depends on the person...there was a huge thread on here all about back to back labours. It seemed to vary lots, some people had long labours, some long but normal... so who knows?

I tried really hard to move Rosalie around (she was also breech until 34 weeks) everytime she moved around she moved right back as soon as I moved :cry: though I think that it does work really well for most babies :thumbup:

MY first two were anterior and I had straight forward, drug free births (aside from the fact I was induced owing to PET). Both in perfect positions and first labour just under three hours, second 1.5hrs. I think there is a link but a weak one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->