Anterior placenta turn into previa?

campn

Reaction score
Could an anterior placenta move down and become placenta previa? I've been feeling baby move very low, usually around my sides by the hip bone, or down by the pubic bone, so it seems like I can only feel her around the placenta.

My anatomy scan is coming up so I guess I'm just being anxious for no reason.

I have an anterior placenta, and also marginal placenta previa. Not covering my entire cervix but part of it.

I have an anterior placenta and placenta previa. . The location of kicks might just be your babies favourite position. Mine is breech and so i feel lots of kicking low down too.

I think the placenta only moves up? So if you start with it it normally moves up and away from the cervix.

Most people only feel kicks low down because that's where baby is until a good few months in.

Hope all goes well at the scan :)

I have had 2 pregnancies with anterior placenta (my first and this one) and one posterior placenta. None have had placenta previa. I've only ever had vaginal births with no complications. An anterior placenta is on the front of your womb so the placenta cushions it in the middle and you won't feel kicks there till much later but you can feel them above and below the placenta.

Thank you ladies! That is so comforting to read. I thought by my second pregnancy I'd know most things but every pregnancy is so different!

I hope it just moves up. I think baby was head down last time so maybe the low flutters are just punches and not kicks?

My dr told me to think of a balloon that is only a little inflated. Draw a line on the bottom where you blow it up. Think of that line as your placenta near your cervix. Now blow it up to full term. The line will move up and out of the way of your cervix.
I have had anterior placentas and it does feel like you are missing out on movement for sure, but by the end it's almost the same.

I thought for sure I was getting "kicked" low, even when we headed in for our anatomy scan. Surprise, baby was head down. Apparently some babies have IMPRESSIVE punches (like hubs can feel them in his back when we're snuggling hard). Don't be surprised if she's not laying how you think.

Thank you gorgeous ladies! I've my anatomy scan on Wednesday May 11th and I feel bad already about hammering my tech with questions!

I used my doppler today and found the heartbeat higher than I usually do, so she must have been moving up slowly with the uterus expending.

Awn- She must have some muscle on those baby arms! :thumbup: makes me proud. You go girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->