Anterior placenta - when did your OH feel baby kick?

mrs unicorn

Reaction score
I have an anterior placenta (not low, thankfully) but I've been feeling baby since around 17.5 weeks. Pretty regular movements, apart from a few quieter days a week. I'm 20+3 so I know I'm lucky to be feeling lots this early with an anterior placenta.

Anyway, my poor DH just gives me this really sad look when I tell him how active baby has been that day. He's tried to feel them but mostly they aren't strong enough yet to feel from the outside. So please help me out ladies, if you had/have an anterior placenta when was your OH able to feel kicks for the first time?

I'm 24 weeks and have just started to feel movement from the outside but not regularly. DH hasn't felt it yet as she never seems very active when he is home (or I just can't feel it because of the pesky anterior placenta!) but the other night she had the hiccups and I could see belly moving so I know he would have been able to feel it.
It won't be long now until he can I'm sure!

I would say I've been able to feel movements on the outside since about 25 or 26 weeks. Now my whole belly moves despite the anterior placenta :haha:

:haha: I cannot wait to feel hiccups and see my belly move! Thanks ladies. I'll be 25 weeks on Christmas Day so with any luck he'll get to feel baby around Christmas time!

Ah the perfect post for me!

I had posterior placenta with my first 2 pregnancies and the BEST part of being pregnant for me was being able to feel and SEE my baby move and letting DH get to experience it too.

After all the MS and finally coming round to 2nd tri feeling amazing and ready for kicks I found out I've got an anterior placenta this time round. Boo.

I am 16 weeks tomorrow and I think I've felt flutters but then I am sure it's just gas or my own pulse.

I hope this doesn't stop the feeling of this beautiful little baby communicating inside of me!!

He felt the baby kick a few days after I started feeling it at about 21/22 weeks.

I had anterior placenta with #1. I didn't feel him move til around 22 weeks myself and others felt him from roughly 27 weeks. Very late for us. X

I had an anterior placenta, but it was low-lying, so I think because of that, I was still able to feel very obvious movement from 14 weeks. I'm not entirely sure when my husband first felt it, but I would guess from somewhere around 18-21 weeks. Before then the movements are really small and not often frequent enough, unless your partner is around all the time, to easily catch them.

Around 22 or 23 weeks I think.

I can add my own to this now! DH felt the baby kick last night at 22+2!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->