Anterior placenta :(

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
I have an anterior placenta (4th time now). I’ve never had a pregnancy where the placenta hasn’t been anterior but this is by far the worst one. My placenta is covering the ENTIRE of my front and top, leaving the tiniest bit right at the very bottom left uncovered. I feel tiny movements in this area every so often but that’s it, nothing regular and nothing specific, just tiny prods now and again if I’m sat in a certain position.

I’m starting to get angry and frustrated as I can’t relax because I want to know he’s okay but barely feeling movement makes me anxious.
I had my anomaly scan yesterday and everything is looking okay, apart from she couldn’t see his heart and stomach as he was in a funny position so I have to go back in 2 weeks.

I just want to relax and feel calm and happy and positive but I can’t :( I have a Doppler but that doesn’t help when I’m out and not near it :(

Ah my last 2 pregnancies have been anterior and I get your frustration! I’ve not felt any kicks or movement yet which is annoying as it’s so reassuring when they start.

Oh I am sorry:hugs:
My placenta has been anterior in both pregnancies but I've been lucky enough that it's not affected me feeling movement too much so I can't imagine how stressful it must be to not feel anything. Hopefully once he gets a bit bigger then you'll be able to feel him a lot more x

Cookie- I am so sorry you are going through this. I wonder if the anterior placenta inhibits the Doppler as well... as now the placenta is growing and maybe the Doppler just cant pick up the HB as well.

Hoping he gets a little bigger and stronger soon and you can feel him more often.

I have this same problem now. I have my ultrasound on the 9th and i cant wait to see if he is okay. My mind keeps telling me something is wrong but his heartbeat is fine. I had anterior placenta with my daughter but i could feel her. This baby i cant even get good kicks or hits everyday. Yesterday i tried so hard to get him to move fot me and still nothing. I feel for you!! This sucks big time and really putting a damper on my mood.

I've had an anterior placenta only once with my fifth baby and I'm now preggo with my 6th, it totally sucks in so sorry you always haveit! When ihad it I didn't feel movements until 28 weeks it was horrible so I feel for you what i would do was get my husband to put his mouth on my tummy and make like fog horn noises (he has a very deep voice) as loud ashe could and that wouldget the baby moving big movements like flipping and I'd feel a little bit bit that's asnot it!! Sorry hunn big hugs!!!

I'm anterior too this time.
I also have placenta Previa so a double whammy.
It's frustrating, as I've felt kicks/movements since around 20 weeks..

but some days he is so quiet I barely feel any, other days he's like a karate warrior so on the quiet days I worry...

I bought myself a doppler, and it's saved me going grey...I can check anytime I'm worried and feel assured by the heartbeat xo

Feel your pain hun.. my last pg was Anterior & i found out yesterday that this pg is aswell, i really look forward to feeling movement, i borrowed my friends Doppler with my last pg up until my 20wk scan when i just about started feeling movement, very frustrating :hugs:

I’m currently 26+1 and still have periods of no movement, it’s horrible! Although if I eat and drink and lay on my side I can usually get him to move x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->