anti-biotics!?!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Anyone else got experience of their LO's on anti-biotics??

doc did say they are reluctant to give them to babies cos it can make them colicy!! But seriously this evening we have probably had 3 hours of constant crying!! Shes made herself sick from crying so much!! I just dont know what to do!!

:(:(

What is wrong with you little one? Is she on antibiotics right now or are you just thinking about putting her on them? I have never put my son on antibiotics, because when he was 1 month old, I had mastitis and had to be put on intense antibiotics, and it passed through the breast milk and killed all of the good antibodies in my sons digestive tract. He was normally such a great popper, but he didnt poop for weeks at a time after getting the antibiotic in his system. It took months to get him back to normal. If you explain what is ailing your little girl, maybe we can figure out something herbal that would benefit her! Good Luck! I know its sooo hard having an upset little one!

Ive already started her course of treatment hun.... she has an ingrowing toe nail that has got infected and doc said without them it wont clear up!!

We have just been out for a drive which calmed her down.... but she has cried so much tonight she made herself sick!! :cry: I want her to get better soon :cry:

Oh no Im so sorry honey!! Do you have Gripe Water where you are from? It helps SOOOOOOO much with colic. Also, if shes gassy, you can give her Mylicon. If the same thing happens to her as what happened to my son (with the pooping issue), you can give her probiotics, which help the good bacteria get back into her digestive system. Haha, wow, I just realized that I sound like I completely over medicate my child...I PROMISE that I dont haha.

I hope her little toe feels better =(

thanks sarah... we have gripe water but cant use it until shes a month old... so tomorrow :) although maybe today wont be too bad to use it tonight as shes only a 22nd baby by 30 mins lol!!

She also has been perscribed infant gaviscon which helped loads with the colic before :)
The more I read about the colic the more I get confused.... basically no one knows really what it feels like... its just a word for uncontrollable crying!! It ends at 3 months so ... :)

she finally went off after a bottle a 2am (which she hasnt had in a long while) Shes been fine this morning.... but apparently colic happens mainly in the evening!!

So glad OH has these 2 nights off!!

im not sure hun jacks antibiotics were given by drip but they did give him diareoah and made him more sicky x

shes been a lil angel all morning... just in her moses basket... sleeping :sleep:

hopefully tonight will be better!! All the crying is very very stressful and upsetting!

Oh yes, dont you feel miserable when your precious baby is crying and you dont know what to do? Im so gla shes acting better!!

Hi Kerry,

I remember watching the baby whisperer and she had a few babies like this basically she swaddled them and didn't jig up and down or walk the floor, she just put them over the shoulder and basically patted and rubbed until the colicky/reflux stopped.... its awful because the poor little mites cant tell you whats wrong. I hope everything OK for you and LO tonight :hug:x x x x

i remember watching that episode too. When she put them over her shoulder to wind them she didnt pat their back she rubbed it in a clockwise direction and also kept them upright for a short period after a feed to prevent reflux

hope your LO is doing ok? Teddy is on antibiotics eye drops - some duct or other didnt open (or whatever ducts do) when he was born and apparently it can take a while to do so. In the mean time he has a bit of a gammy eye poor mite. Havent noticed anything particularly colicy about him yet but then he does tend to alwys be a little grumpy little man...:dohh:

She seems so much better tonight... so maybe it was a one off last night and nothing to do with the anti-biotics... (although doc did say they make them like that)!! Also maybe her toe was hurting her which was causing her to cry so much ... who knows :shrug:

But my little princess seems better today ... and shes so cute when were giving her her medicine :) fingers crossed she stays cute through the night lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->