Anti sickness tablets (cyclizine)

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Anyone had them?

Do they work?

Could they cause baby any harm?

I got prescribed some today but I'm so scared of taking them!

Cyclizine is a very common and effective anti sickness drug and your doctor wouldn't prescribe it if it wasn't safe during pregnancy. Don't worry I know a few ladies who have needed it for sickness during pregnancy and have found it helped them x

I'm on these now. Dr wanted to send me to hospitL as couldn't keep water down, but I was reluctant.
He prescribed me these. Within 2 hours of my first tablet I'd stopped throwing up. I had been septical but they work a dream (for me Nyways)
I felt guilty at first but being dehydrated is no good for baby either.
I'm still on 3 a day, next week I'm going to try and drop to 2 x

they were one of the 4 I got given to me, sadly none worked for me, actually nothing worked for me. it's only since around 18 weeks I started to feel better, my doctor put it down the serve morning sickness

They helped me. I just took them when I needed them as I didn't feel I neede three a day. I'm now 26w and feeling much better :)

Cyclizine is a pregnancy category B drug. That means they haven't found any teratogenic effects in animal studies, but they haven't tested adequately in humans yet either. It is basically "not really established as safe, but no solid proof it causes harm either" and is administered if benefits outweigh risks.

So, I guess if you have really bad ms and trouble feeding properly and taking in nutrients, or keeping down water, losing weight and getting dehydrated, you should definitely take the drug to help keep yourself and the baby healthy. If the symptoms are more mild and manageable, just really annoying, then I guess I would consider trying to see if I can make do without it, not that it's wrong to take it anyway. In any case, many women are taking it, so do what you feel is best for you! :hugs:

Information links:
drugs.com
netdoctor.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back