Anxiety... help please...

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
I have always had anxiety- to one extent or another. It's for sure gotten worse as I've gotten older-- and since my Mom passed, it's been harder to manage.

I don't tend to worry or stress about the "big things"- I usually have a very positive attitude (which is funny, cause I didn't as much as a kid?). But, in general, I'm a "glass is half full" kind of person. Even in the face of difficulties... even when my Mom was sick. But since she passed- I'll be honest, it's gotten worse. Again, I really don't worry about the big things- but silly little things I shouldn't give a second thought to. It's frustrating.

I am seeing a counselor- and it helps, but I just want to stop over thinking the little things. Like if I say something I think *maybe* someone could have taken the wrong way, or maybe they didn't like what I said... I worry... if I leave a message for a friend, and I don't hear back (most likely because they are busy or forgot)- then I wonder if they are mad at me- even if we are fine and just spoke earlier that day-- I worry if I say the wrong thing at work, or don't know the answer to a question- will my co-workers think less of me etc... even though I know my job and I'm good at it. I guess, I just feel, discombobulated at times... and I let that worry me and I over analyze or think about things I really shouldn't care much about. Yet, the big things, I feel like "it will work out" or "all will be Ok"...

I'm currently taking SAM-e... and it's helped with my overall mood. But not really the anxiety. Anyone struggle and have any advise. I go to the gym regularly- which helps. I try to take a breathe and have a "moment" as needed. I'm doing all I can think to do to help keep it in check. I just wish there was a button to turn it off... :wacko:

Hi honey, I think you need to see your doctor. I'm not sure what you are taking but it may not be tailored for anxiety. I'm not a doctor but I suffer myself from anxiety... You're obsessing over the little tiny things right?! It's terrible I know. :hugs:

The best thing that I did was tell my doctor straight how I was feeling. I had been diagnosed with depression, and felt a little better, but hadn't realised how much better I could feel. Once I talked to my doctor and explained how bad the anxiety was he changed my medicine - and it made a huge difference! It's so important to do that.

I notice you've just got a bfp, congrats! I would advise you see your dr about that too. I'm on medication and will be seeing my dr, but I would rather not come off my medication cos I feel I would get worse without it. When I get bad I don't eat properly, sleep properly or generally take care of myself which isn't good for baby.

Going to counselling is a great idea too, ask them for strategies to stop yourself from feeling anxious or worried. I wear jewelry like a necklace and fiddle with it. It helps.

Feel better. xxxx
:flower:

Thanks for the input hun- I have discussed this with my counselor. She said the SAM-e I'm taking is helpful... but doesn't *always* help with anxiety. So maybe I should discuss with my regular doctor and see if there is more I can do. I don't like to take prescription meds- but I also know there are times in life it's needed... I just tend to try all other approaches first. LOL. I keep thinking- it will get better in time-- I've had one crazy roller coaster of a year- but I also suffer from chronic pain- so there are many layers I'm dealing with, and I think the little things are what put me over the edge. So anything I can do to help- hey, why not?

Thanks for the congrats too- I'm not prego though ;) Just still part of my sigi back from 2011... :)

Hello there. Just a hug from another anxiety sufferer. I am not surprised your anxiety has got worse, after the death of a loved one it usually shoots up for most people. I would tell your doctor, always best to. I personally use mindfulness as my way to deal with anxiety, if you haven't tried it give it a go. Google or youtube it (I also have a personal blog about it in my siggy), for me it is what has helped the most by far. Good luck and big hugs XXXX

^^Thanks hun. Funny you mention mindfulness- I'm reading a book about how to help your children become mindful... just hard to find the time to read. I do have similar techniques- and doing all I can-- I guess there is no 'magic' pill though that will stop it all together. But having others to chat with about it helps too :)

Thanks ladies.

^^Thanks hun. Funny you mention mindfulness- I'm reading a book about how to help your children become mindful... just hard to find the time to read. I do have similar techniques- and doing all I can-- I guess there is no 'magic' pill though that will stop it all together. But having others to chat with about it helps too :)

Thanks ladies.

I have a bit of what you describe. I am constantly worried people don't like me or that someone is mad if I do not hear from them. I guess I have always considered it social anxiety. I am not great with people anyhow and this does not help. I don't have much advice except to say that if it is affecting your life then don't be afraid to try some meds for it. I have over the years and have had luck at different times. The best med I have encountered for anxiety is xanax in a very low dose as needed. It sounds weird but I feel better knowing it's there if I need it! Big hugs and hope you find something to help!

:flower:

Thanks ladies.

I have a bit of what you describe. I am constantly worried people don't like me or that someone is mad if I do not hear from them. I guess I have always considered it social anxiety. I am not great with people anyhow and this does not help. I don't have much advice except to say that if it is affecting your life then don't be afraid to try some meds for it. I have over the years and have had luck at different times. The best med I have encountered for anxiety is xanax in a very low dose as needed. It sounds weird but I feel better knowing it's there if I need it! Big hugs and hope you find something to help!

Thanks hun- I would say my anxiety is triggered by the same- social stuff. The bigger life stuff- I have no issues dealing with or being positive and proactive about- but if I even think someone may be upset with me (even if there is no real reason for it)- I just let it really hender my thoughts till I know all is Ok- which, 99% of the time it is. I am taking SAM-e (a supplement) that has helped- but still have those moments of anxiety. Guess it's a work in progress. I appreciate your input. I will for sure talk to my Doc if things get any worse, not better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->