• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anxious about germs

Bea1986

Mum of 2
Reaction score
My baby boy is not quite 2 weeks old and he's my first baby. I have held off visits from a lot of people so far. Last Sunday I went to my mums house my sisters were there my brother in law mum and dad and my 3 year old niece. It was our first outing and I was coping well until my sister was holding my baby and my niece was sticking her hands down her pants. She kept doing it, putting her hands down her pants and my mum even said what are you doing? Next second she's touching my baby's face with those hands! My heart started pounding and I wanted to burst in to tears . No one else said anything. My sister (my nieces mum) was holding my baby and had seen what she was doing, she said nothing. So I exploded and said please stop her touching his face! Since then they have all made me out to be unreasonable and out if order. Do you all think I'm out of order? I know he has to be exposed to germs eventually but I shouldn't have to put up with that surely?

Hey hun I would have had to have said something too. :hugs: xxxx

Thanks hun I really needed some reassurance that it's not just me being crazy and hormonal x

How did you say it you niece where you calm or did you shout at her.

I just said can you please stop her. I didn't shout at all x

I would may ask her to wash her hands before touching the baby because he is so young. I have a 3 year old niece and nephew and they are generally pretty good. My niece loves touching our son but I ask her to wash her hands first as she also sticks them down her pants, up her nose, in anything questionable outside lol. Thankfully my family was on the same page and wouldn't let them touch all over baby at first.

Sometimes the parents don't see it as much. Just explain that people need to be clean as your baby still has not had any vaccinations. Really at that age, everyone should be washing their hands first.

But yea, I'd try and explain it to your niece, and maybe ask her if she wants you to help her wash her hands so she can touch baby. She will likely agree. My niece loves the opportunity to touch the baby and will gladly wash her hands.

i am a bit like that and dont even like people holing my lo,s when they are so small hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->