Any adoptive parents on here?

There is a room specially for adoption/fostering if you look under parenting forums. :flower:

Yeah I can't find the info I want on there. Had to resort to another forum :O xx

My mums story of adoption was, she was a product of underage rape (13) to parents of non British origin. Her adoptive parents were part of a church, had 2 children already, we're not looking to adopt, got approached with the suggestion and adopted my mum as a baby more than happily. My mum felt so special throughout her life to think that despite having children already, they wanted to bring her into their family as one of their own. They went on to complete their family with one other biological child. Now all in their 40's/50's my mum's bond has been unbreakable with her adoptive parents throughout her life & she worships the ground they walked on (grandad passed away) she has no desire to find her birth parents and always used to worry that her birth mum would come looking for her as a teenager. Her parents didn't disclose the circumstances of the pregnancy until my mum was in her 40's, and it was mentioned accidentally, before this she was told they knew very little/nothing.

Thank you! That's such a lovely story. The reason I'm asking for stories is that all I can find is negativity anout the 'intrusive' process upto adoption and wanted another angle xx

My sister adopted a year ago and was positive experience. After being passed she very quickly got matched and social services was supportive. My sister still has a relationship with her lo's foster mum and they regularly meet up. It was stressful for her waiting to be passed as obviously she was desperate for her child. She has had him a year and had final review so doesn't need social service visits now. In all it was positive. She found a bit stressful where you do meet ups for a week with foster parent and child and then take home but I think any parent worries bringing home their child first time. My nephew is amazing and social services did all they could to help my sister through process. If you have any particular questions I can ask her for you

Thankyou! After finding some more stuff online last night I think that maybe they will say my son is too young for us to adopt at the moment but I will be speaking to them today :) xx

Aww MM thats amazing that you are considering it :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->