Any advice for induction??

_simo_

Reaction score
I'm getting induced on Thursday if he hasn't made an appearance and I just wondered how your inductions were or if you have any advice? Please be honest... I have only heard bad things but I'd rather be prepared than freak out during the process! :blush:

hi hun, Ive been induced with both my girls and before the 1st one, I too was terrifed. I can honestly say it was fine. (although Ive never gone natrually to compare). with my oldest DD I had pessaries inserted the night before, but they didnt do much and the next morning my waters were broken and I was hooked up to the pitocin drip to speed things up. my labour lasted about 10 hours from my waters being broken to delievery. with my youngest I had my waters broken and pitocin administered and nothing happened for a couple of hours, so they cranked the pitocin up to its highest level andat around 2pm things all of a sudden became intense, my LO was born at 4.12pm. The only real annoying thing for me was the constant monitoring as it limits movement during labour, with my first I was on my back in bed throughout, but with my youngest i sat and rocked in a chair with the cords stretching over the bed to monitor baby, and I found this better for me. Just ask lots of questions so you know whats going on with each stage, Im sure you'll be fine hun, good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->