Any advice needed

JessicaaJadex

Reaction score
Hey girls, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to deal with this 'morning sickness' (by morning they mean morning, lunchtime, afternoon, evening and night sickness right?). I can't seem to shift it and its driving me crazy as I have a major phobia of being sick.

Just wanted to know if anyone had and tips?!

xxx

I was exactly the same, and terrified of sick! :'( unfortunately nothing helps, I spent most of the first 4-5 months sat outside perfectly still doing controlled breathing and sipping water. The breathing helps to keep calm, cuz feeling sick makes you panic and the panic makes it worse causing more panic causing more worse :S I hope you feel better soon!

I always had ginger ale and something salty on hand! Thats what ive found helps

Last time it was fizzy orange, dry crackers, a piece of chocolate or some Haribo before getting out of bed and travel sickness bands. That was for actual sickness this time so far I'm just really nauseous and lemonade, a cup of tea or strong mints are seeming to help :)

Oh and prawn cocktail or salt and vinegar crisps :)

I've found that if I sip on some flat lemonade and nibble on a few dry crackers before I get out of bed, it helps for the rest of the morning. Then at lunch time or morning tea, try having some ginger nuggets. It soothes the stomach and helps sooooo much with nausea. Herbal tea with a little bit of ginger helps too. :)

Honestly the only thing that helped me were the anti nausea pills subscribed by the doctor! But number one rule, don't ever let your stomach get empty because it's horrible, you probably already know that :) Good luck, look forward to second tri it feels like a breeze!

I used sea sickness bands and travel ginger tablets, didn't get rid of the sickness but made it a bit Easyer to cope with it

I second with the sea bands! I was skeptical at first but whether its a placebo effect or it actually works, it did make the sickness easier to manage. I would put them on before getting out and bed and wouldn't take them off till I was back in my bed. I did still occasionally throw up whilst wearing them but it also saved me many times from throwing up on the bus or in college >.<

Other than that, ginger beer sometimes helped and plain toast every morning.
Good luck! don't worry it does get better, i'm 15 weeks and already starting to forget how bad those last 2 months of sickness were.

Thank you for all the advice!

Although i know anything ginger is supposed to be the best thing for sickness, i cannot stand the taste of it! So instead I went and bought the sickness bands which have worked a treat. I've also realised that I need to eat small portions every few hours, which has helped thankfully!

Hopefully this wont last the whole first tri, but knowing my luck it will.. oh well!
xxxx

I had HG I couldnt even drink water for a few weeks and ended up going to the hosptial i found nothing helped me :( sorry it does pass though

Thank you for all the advice!

Although i know anything ginger is supposed to be the best thing for sickness, i cannot stand the taste of it! So instead I went and bought the sickness bands which have worked a treat. I've also realised that I need to eat small portions every few hours, which has helped thankfully!

Hopefully this wont last the whole first tri, but knowing my luck it will.. oh well!
xxxx

Try watermelon Hun. :) I read an article about it when I was about 6 weeks pregnant and have been eating it ever since. It really helps with the nausea and will help to keep you hydrated. Bananas are quite good too. I also like pretzels. Just the mini ones from the snack aisle in the supermarket. They're nice and dry. Feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->