Any advice on using cloth nappies? Never thought about it before

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
We are going through nappys like there is no tomorrow and just wondering if anyone can recommend? I had never thought of them before as my mum used to have my sister in the old terrys nappies and i just remember poo all down her legs all the time. It seems like a mindfield out there and i wouldnt know where to start?
Also baby is 6lbs7 at the moment so how would i know which size to get?
x

firstly welcome to the wacky world of cloth nappies.

in terms of sizing there are two types on the market

sized (ie small, med, large) weights to sizes will differ by manufacturer

btp (birth to potty) which adjusts as lo grows

you then have two main styles
two parters - like traditional cloth and require a wrap
aio/all in ones or pockets - these have the waterproof layer built in.

there are slight variations on those types but they're the basics also

the one thing you need to consider is budget, the initial outlay to buying cloth often puts people off. also please bare in mind each lo is different and the same with sposies not all cloth will have the perfect fit.

we started out buying used nappies to try lots or types, then slowly sold the ones that i stopped reaching for and brought more of the ones i preferred.

the bumgenuis flip is still on BOGOF at fillyourpants.com, and babipur.com (january only) these might be a good starting point for building your stash.

what alot of people who are starting out tend to do is part-time cloth until they've build up enough nappies to go full time this way you can spread the cost.

Would agree with above. a lot of people like to try different ones and then they can see what works for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->