any advice please im going insane !!!

xxsuziexx

mummy of one little girl
Reaction score
so im 23 weeks pregnant and been looking at prams lately
and im stuck its my first baby and i just dont know what to look for
we wanted the mamas and papas 9 in 1 pram because it seemed a good space saver ( as we only live in a 1 bedroom apartment) but then the price is crazy and keeps going up and down all the time. (and you dont get half the stuff you need for it)
now i like the mamas and papas rubix package you seem to get more for your money and it looks soo modern and nice ive read reviews and it seems very good

has any1 baught either of these prams to give advice?
i walk alot and use public transport also i like on the coast in england and we have such bad winters and im due december 11th so want a really good reliable pram.

please any advice would help me xxx

I'm a first timer like you so haven't got either of these prams but I certainly wouldn't say the M&P Ultima is a space saver, it's huge! I understand what you mean in terms of overnight sleeping and highchair but there are others you can get which do overnight sleeping and there's no way you will want baby food getting all over you nice (and not that easy to wash) pram.

You might also get a better response just posting in the second trimester as there's quite a few pram threads. I don't think many people come in this section.

thanks thats a great help i noticed the ultima is very bulcky and big so would rather go with the rubix. thanks for the advice bout changeing were my thread goes i was looking for ages and just didnt know where to write in xxxx thanks again xxx

I had the ultima with my third, and it is lovely and luxurious, but it is huge! Deffo not a space saver and very expensive! Also the primo viaggio car seat that you get with it is very heavy! There are much better deals out there and in my opinion, much better prams. If you live my the coast and are worried about the weather etc then maybe an off roader will be better suited to you? Quinny buzz, Icandy apple, bugaboo cameleon or a mountain buggy?? :thumbup:. All of these have optional carrycots and accessories and are all car seat compatible with a Maxi Cosi car seat. There are lots of packages available on various nursery websites. Ive had a fair few prams/pushchairs in my time, so I kind of know my stuff :blush:. x

The Ultima is lovely but def not a space saver its bloody huge and its 2 part fold so not great if using on public transport.

My fav pram of all time is def the Bugaboo Cameleon its so light and easy to push. Ive had over 70 buggys and prams over the yrs for my 2 boys and love them but the Cam wins hands down as a proper pram for small baby. I love P&T's Out n About Nippers and Mountain buggys when baby gets bigger.
Everyone is different and most people dont get prams but i find i always need 2 prams/buggys. One for walking suitable for all terrain and then a smaller one for the car boot or public transport.

A pram with a 2 piece fold would be a nightmare on public transport but most nice proper decent prams are 2 piece fold.

I bought the uppababy vista - it folds up standing up ( if that makes sense) without having to lean on anything so takes up little floor space. Google it. I love mine :)

Try looking at the Obaby Zezu Pramette, you can use it as a pram, them convert it to a pushchair really easily. You can also get a car seat that clips into the chassis, and the best part is it's quite cheap compared to a lot of prams out there! I love mine and haven't had any problems with it!

I would say the bugaboo cam or even the bee plus. They are lush. I've had 5 prams in 5 months and this is the best.

Babystyle Oyster :thumbup: Maxi cosi and Britax compatible, small and quite light, all the pram you need I promise! I wish I still had mine but I have two babies now and needed a double. If I have number 3 when the other two don't need a pram any longer I'd definately buy another Oyster. Loved it!

Yep I second the Babystyle Oyster. We're now using the stroller seat unit, but had the carrycot when Ollie was newborn and used the Britax car seat up until a couple of months ago when he outgrew it. Easy to fold, doesn't take up too much space and the carrycot is hard-bodied so it's nice and sturdy.

I've got the silvercross surf which I love, but i know you have to take the seat part off before you fold it so it may not be great for public transport. My friend has the maxi-cosi streety which she loves & is really lightweight & does take much space up at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->