Any advise please :( ??

mylittlebud1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My LO is 13 months old (10 months corrected). She was born 27 + 2 weighing 2lb 8oz.

She can sit up fine but nothing more, she reaches out for her toys but if there not within reach she gives up. she has no upper body strength and is not attempting to move to crawling. If i hold her arms up she doesnt pull back and i feel like i'll pull her arms out of her sockets. If i hold her in crawling position and losen my hold she just flops to the floor.

Just would like to know if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced this and how long it took for your premmie to strengthen up. I know she'll get there but is it lazinees or something else

PLease advise xxx

My little Joseph took about that long I think to start becoming mobile, but if you have any concerns then speak to your physio...I wouldn't worry - all preemies do things at COMPLETELY different stages of their lives, its very sporadic.

Hi

My LO was born @ 33 + 4 weeks and it took her ages to get moving she didnt crawl and started to walk at around 12 months then she started crawling she is now almost 19 months and we cant keep up with her she runs around all day hahaha

My full termer was like this, he sat up and nothing more. Didnt push himself up during tummy time, never tried to stand etc.
At 11 months he started bum shuffling and that was it for a few more months b4 he started pulling himself up and cruising at 13 months and finally walking at 15 months, then he learned to crawl last lol

Thanks guys

I know i shouldn't compare as even parents with full termers do but just dont want her falling behind too much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->