any alterna-moms, or alterna-moms to be out there?

autumn_leaves

Reaction score
i am so sick of browsing through pink crap for baby girls, and boys outfits with basketballs on them.
where is a good website to look around for more alternative, cute baby things?
examples, leopard print, rock band onesies, skull and crossbones. things like that. even hippie, organic babywear interests me. help save my future baby from pink floral print!!!

Stuff like band onesies and such you can look for through amazon or on etsy.. same with anything geeky (I'm totally getting my kiddo a Star Trek onesie).

I found this article a while back on dressing baby girls: https://www.babble.com/baby/tips-for-dressing-a-stylish-baby-girl/

I love her ideas about using stuff like boy's sweatshirts or dress shirts or an older girls shirt to dress the baby so they'll a) grow into it and b) it's not so pink-and-glitter-EVERYWHERE. I think a lot of the same concepts apply to boys as far as just trying to choose neutrals and such, like a baby capsule wardrobe.

As for specific websites that venture outside of the typical frilly frill and boyish boy norms:

babywit.com

trendytadpole.com

ourgreenhouse.com

zara.com (look under kids)

My son has combichrist hoodies and tshirts and his first baby grow was blue with skulls. Newest purchase for current son and new baby coming in march are a black tshirt(2years) 'my mums tattoos are better than yours' and black vest (0-3) saying 'my dads tattoos are better than yours' i couldn't resist the buy and perfect for a photo of them both ��

Threadless.com have nice (but expensive) baby items. I've never bought any baby items from there but I like some of the designs.

Next, Matalan, tk max they normally have an alternate range. Ebay is good too. But yea some stuff is expencive my vest and tshirt cost £27.50 and my boys hoody last year before he was born was £36 and that wasn't even customer price it was a family friend/one of the band who got it.

I get band stuff skulls and nothing pink floral yuck. I always shop on ebay and zulily. My daughter often wears boy stuff because pink skulls are less common.

Stuff like band onesies and such you can look for through amazon or on etsy.. same with anything geeky (I'm totally getting my kiddo a Star Trek onesie).

Ive picked up a couple onesies from thrift stores, gently used, that are awesome, one is grey with little black skull and crossbones all over it, one is black and says "Future Jedi Master" (hubby and i have agreed that boy or girl, this will be one of the first picture outfits, because girls can be jedi too!) and one with Darth Vader on it that says "Who's your daddy?" plus some other ones like a little yellow one i got that says "I still live with my parents"...i am completely not into the frilly pink for girls and nothing but blue for boys....ive bought blue onesies with stars all over them, works just as well for a girl too! :haha:

H+m are great for generally unisex super cute cheap and excellent quality :) you'll also find all manner of stuff on etsy

I have three girls and HATE seeing babies in skinny jeans and shrunk down adults clothes! My girls have years left to wear mini skirts and crop tops however I LOVE funky/animal and tropical prints. I often put white cotton rara skirts with leopard print boots and plain white cardis etc, I like traditional mixed with quirky! I shop on etsy a lot, I also like tkmaxx, h and m, Zara I also like customising stuff and love statement and slogan onesies, Tallulah has one that says 'step aside barbie there is a new doll in town'. I also try to avoid pink my girls mainly wear green and blue but with a fem twist x

Spencers!

I definitely feel your pain! I have two boys (one is just ten days old) and I've battled the "cutesies" for a long time lol... but the alternative stuff is out there! Etsy is a good place too. Also eBay. I love Spencers baby stuff though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->